Mobile Development Manager
At Advisor360°, we hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see. Though many of our roles are assigned to a particular office location, most are a hybrid of remote and in-person work.
We hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see.
The Manager, Mobile Development is a leader within the software engineering functional reporting line. Development managers are aligned to one or more product areas and are the leaders of both the people and technology in that area. They are responsible for working directly with product managers to define the product roadmap, estimate the work, and deliver on it. The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of both the technology platform and the business as well as demonstrate strong technical skills. The Development Manager will manage, grow, hire, retain, and build a strong engineering team and empower them to deliver a high-quality product in a timely manner.
- Assure the team is fully engaged and productive at all times by knowing the status of each project and assisting employees with prioritization
- Possess thorough visibility into projects and drive progress considering cross-functional requirements
- Effectively create and communicate the status of key initiatives across the organization
- Grow employees and build a strong team by hiring, coaching, guiding, and holding the team accountable to deliver on the business need
- Lead from the front through hands-on management practices working alongside employees, embedding coaching and feedback consistently
- Empower team members to listen, think, and then execute on day-to-day objectives considering priorities
- Perform annual performance cycle management for team members including recommending merit and bonus for employees based on goals and performance
- Implement and promote the use of standards and best practices within the area of expertise
- Help team members practice autonomy and accountability
- Consistently deliver ongoing feedback through 1:1 cycles and other mechanisms of communication
- Collaborate with other development managers to ensure best practices and strategies are being communicated consistently across functional areas
- Take initiative to drive product development forward with minimal oversight
- Drive activity from initiation to completion and take responsibility for ensuring the progress of the team
- Consider the entire ecosystem broadly and not just individual team responsibilities
- Ask questions as an excited and motivated member of the Advisor360° team
- Drive to deliver a great product to Advisor360°’s customers and users
- Operate at a granular level to understand the technical details of his/her team in order to resolve obstacles and communicate status
- 5+ years of experience in mobile development
- 4+ years of experience in a management or leadership role
- Possess a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the complexities and needs of managing a software development team
- Inherent knowledge of development processes and best practices to manage multiple software development projects on time and on budget
- Engineering leadership experience of a broad development portfolio of both established, mature products, as well as new and emerging products
- Proven track record of success leading development teams in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment where management of complex product requirements is a driver of success Experience organizing and/or reorganizing a product development function for growth into highly competitive new markets and product lines where taking advantage of strategic opportunities requires short product life cycles and flexible, adaptable architectures
- Demonstrated experience leading teams building and growing web and mobile applications (Native and Hybrid)
- Strong knowledge of mobile development frameworks and tools, such as NativeScript, React Native, TypeScript, Swift, Kotlin, Firebase
- Proven leadership experience setting the vision and building, leading, and motivating development teams
- The ability to build and foster a culture where the best ideas win, even when they are not yours
Come grow with us! Join a team of inventive, driven professionals!
Launched in 2019, Advisor360° combines a start-up's agile and innovative markers with the stability of an established enterprise. Ranked the largest FinTech company in Massachusetts by the Boston Business Journal, Advisor360° was born out of 20 years of feedback from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors and has gone on to build a software that is second to none.
Our company specializes in building, delivering, and integrating technology for wealth managers. Our comprehensive platform offers a unified approach to managing wealth, delivering a connected experience to advisors and their clients.
Benefits include a competitive bonus plan, unlimited paid time off, paid sick time, volunteer time off, free access to vacation homes, a generous 401(k) employer match, stock appreciation rights, referral bonuses, 80% of either HMO or PPO premiums for individuals and family employer covered, 50% of dental insurance paid for, employer life and AD&D at 2X salary, short- and long-term disability coverage, a health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and paid bonding time for new parents.
Advisor360° also provides worthwhile perks, including a hybrid structure with most employees working from the office 2 to 3 times per week, tuition reimbursement, professional development opportunities, employee assistance programs, and more!
Join us on this journey. Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We believe diversity drives innovation and are therefore building a company where people of all backgrounds are truly welcome and included. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work each and every day. The way we see it, we are here to learn from each other.
Are you ready to build and discover together?