Director, Platform Operations
At Advisor360°, we hire people with all kinds of awesome experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We like it that way. So even if you don’t meet every single requirement, please consider applying if you like what you see. Though many of our roles are assigned to a particular office location, most are a hybrid of remote and in-person work.
As Director of Platform Operations, you’ll oversee a team responsible for the overall design and stability of A360’s SaaS platform. You’ll work collaboratively with development and support teams, driving efforts to modernize our platform by leveraging the best in industry DevOps methodologies to automate every aspect of our environment, including virtualization, monitoring, and logging. You’ll also be expected to drive innovation throughout this effort utilizing industry DevOps standards and technologies.
Advisor 360 is a leading FinTech company serving Wealth Management & Financial Services companies. Our ideal candidate will have diverse technical infrastructure experience, as well as demonstrated project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills. Candidate will be an adept leader of people with a superior, service-oriented approach to IT operations. This individual will also be responsible for operational IT service management processes to ensure that quality, efficiency, productivity, and agility goals are achieved. The director of platform operations will contribute to the development and execution of the infrastructure and operations strategy and ensure its alignment with the enterprise’s IT business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve core business success.
- Demonstrate a passion for DevOps innovation and continuous process improvement!
- Leading the Platform Operations team with high availability and superior performance in a 24/7 infrastructure support delivery model; leveraging support resources (both internal and external) to provide cost-effective services to all clients.
- Leveraging cloud infrastructure and working with enterprise architects and other senior engineers to plan, design, and migrate—where applicable—on-premises to the cloud resulting in scalable and cost-optimal infrastructure
- Keeping current on new technologies and service management practices; providing direction on which emerging platform operations technologies and methods should be introduced, integrated, and assimilated within Platform Operations
- Leading the development of the operation aspects of the infrastructure and operations strategy and roadmap; ensuring its integration with the broader IT and enterprise strategic plans
- Building and maintaining relationships with other IT and business leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensuring the cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs and responding with agility to changing business priorities.
- Assessing both in-house and external technology capabilities with a focus on suitability for integration with the existing platform operations environment
- Supporting the platform operations and infrastructure sourcing strategy and providing oversight for vendor and partner relationship management
- Performing an annual IT disaster recovery test with the Enterprise Risk/Business Continuity team
- Providing formal supervision and coaching for the Infrastructure and Operations team and setting the vision and direction to inspire and drive continuous improvement of IT services.
- Establishing strategic direction, as well as significant depth of technical expertise in current trends in technology, including but not limited to, cloud infrastructure and automation technologies.
- Developing and communicating organizational objectives; inspiring and motivating team members to achieve results.
- Building organizational talent by creating a learning environment that ensures that employees realize their highest potential.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in information technology, computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Cloud & DevOps Certifications
- ITIL Foundation Certification or ITSM certification; COBIT knowledge
- Minimum of 10+ years of related experience and experience leading teams
- Strong leadership skills, including experience managing several direct reports.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging cloud architecture. Experience with Azure is a plus.
- Experienced in DevOps culture and automation.
- Proficient understanding of a technical stack that includes VMware, HP servers, Cisco network, storage, Commvault, Microsoft, Linux, Office 365, Mac, and Windows PCs
- Experience standardizing dashboards across the ecosystem for APM and infrastructure monitoring, including application-specific logging (Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Datadog, Splunk, SentryOne, SolarWinds)
- A self-starter with an independent spirit and the ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Good verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
Come grow with us! Join a team of inventive, driven professionals!
Launched in 2019, Advisor360° combines a start-up's agile and innovative markers with the stability of an established enterprise. Ranked the largest FinTech company in Massachusetts by the Boston Business Journal, Advisor360° was born out of 20 years of feedback from the industry’s highest-producing financial advisors and has gone on to build a software that is second to none.
Our company specializes in building, delivering, and integrating technology for wealth managers. Our comprehensive platform offers a unified approach to managing wealth, delivering a connected experience to advisors and their clients.
Benefits include a competitive bonus plan, unlimited paid time off, paid sick time, volunteer time off, free access to vacation homes, a generous 401(k) employer match, stock appreciation rights, referral bonuses, 80% of either HMO or PPO premiums for individuals and family employer covered, 50% of dental insurance paid for, employer life and AD&D at 2X salary, short- and long-term disability coverage, a health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and paid bonding time for new parents.
Advisor360° also provides worthwhile perks, including a hybrid structure with most employees working from the office 2 to 3 times per week, tuition reimbursement, professional development opportunities, employee assistance programs, and more!
Join us on this journey. Advisor360° is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We believe diversity drives innovation and are therefore building a company where people of all backgrounds are truly welcome and included. Everyone is encouraged to bring their unique, authentic selves to work each and every day. The way we see it, we are here to learn from each other.
Are you ready to build and discover together?