Product Manager (Payments-US)
Job Title: Product Manager
Domain: Payments (US)
Location: Boston / Hybrid
Term: Permanent / Full-time
Reports to: Head of Product/Head of North America
B4B Payments is part of the Banking Circle ecosystem, a 900+ person Payments Bank for financial institutions. We operate as an independent affiliate of Banking Circle and whilst we are separate companies, together we deliver an unrivalled scope of financial services and payment solutions for businesses.
After years of success in Europe B4B Payments recently launched in the United States. B4B Payments (USA) Inc. is based in Boston and has clients across the country. A Fintech leader in prepaid payment solutions, B4B Payments provides innovative and forward-thinking payment processing solutions, which enable any size organisation to manage expenses, pay-outs, reimbursements and incentives.
About the role
B4B is seeking a Product Manager to work with different payment providers and vendors within the payment space in America. You will focus on user experience, understand payer pain points, and collect feedback on payment issues.
This is a brand-new role that is critical to our expansion and long-term strategy.
The role will also be responsible for implementing and driving the adoption of electronic payments across our customer base and ensuring compliance with the latest regulations. Expect to dive deep into customer metrics, competitive benchmarking, feature improvements, better customer experience and other relevant data to inform our product strategy.
In order to accomplish this, you will serve as the subject matter expert for your domain and be part of the team that is focused on identifying what a winning product looks like and how it will succeed in the market. You will represent the voice of the client and the region when designing product features.
You will take an agile approach and demonstrate effective cross team collaboration to ensure a successful launch of products and business outcomes.
- Support product strategy/ direction by continually assessing and researching the needs of customers, market trends, competitive opportunities and threats.
- Develop comprehensive product plans, incorporating market requirements, define the competitive arena, and establish the objectives, strategies, and actions required to achieve business goals.
- Work with teams to create and execute go-to-market plans for new features. Monitor key performance metrics to ensure product performance and identify optimization opportunities.
- Be the expert on the payment ecosystem in the Americas region. Gain a solid understanding of the pros & cons of payment methods and payer challenges.
- Be able to work with vendors in order to create the best payment experience for our customers.
- Taking responsibility and ownership for change initiatives; driving projects forward with a focus in strategic goals
- Contribute to business marketing and communication strategy and planning
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager
- 2+ years of indepth knowledge in payment products such as SWIFT, Fedwire, ACH, RTP or FX
- Experience working with 3rd party payment provider companies, PSPs, or Acquirers within the Americas ecosystem
- Excellent communication skills - can easily understand and explain complex things
- Experience building or working with B2B products
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to manage your own time effectively
- Ability to collaborate well with colleagues to truly understand business & user goals and come up with informed solutions
- Speak and write English fluently
Nice to have:
- Demonstrable experience improving customer products by enhancing payments network is a plus
- Experience working with API-first solution (this is a non-technical role but some knowledge of technical solutions would be useful)
What we offer:
- Leave: 15 days of paid vacation leave per year for the first two years and 20 days thereafter. Paid time off is additional to sick days, eight specified public holidays and days that the company does not operate
- 401K: You will be eligible to participate in the B4B Payments (USA) Inc. program three months after your starting date.
- Healthcare, Vision and Dental Plans
- Long term and Short term Disability
- Hybrid work - the ability to work from home and from our new offices
- An individually tailored personal development plan and ongoing training
- Regular socials and relaxed working environment
Make a difference:
We’re always on the lookout for talented individuals to help take us further – It’s important to us to hire the right people and work out a role that works.
- Equality: We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Teamwork: The strength of our team does not only lie in our combined experience and expertise but our ability to trust each other, no matter what. We understand that our best work is not produced by individuals but by enjoying collaboration as a team and supporting each other every day.
- Quality: We provide award-winning solutions and unsurpassed service that, together, deliver premium value to our customers.
- Innovation: Redefining the standard of excellence is in everything we do. Therefore, we are open to ideas that challenge the conventional views and drive innovation. The only constant in life is change and we believe that in order to stay relevant we must continuously improve and evolve with the changing needs of society.
- Trust: We strive to act in a manner that builds trust with our team, clients, business partners, and other stakeholders. We firmly believe that actions speak louder than words and transparency is key.
To apply for this role please email:
email@example.com with your CV, current location and right to work in the UK status and someone will get back to you soon!