We offer a competitive base salary plus uncapped monthly bonus opportunities and a full employee benefits package to support your wellbeing. You'll have access to extensive, in-person training taught by local leaders who will coach and develop you over three years to build a book of business and embark on a long-term career as an Ameriprise Financial advisor. We will provide tools and support to help you obtain your required licenses/credentials, and we’ll cover your licensing and training costs. We recognize your achievements and understand that work is one of the many important aspects in your life. While maintaining respect for that life balance, we help you advance your career and reach your goals.
• Attend and engage in coaching and training led by the leadership team and established advisors.
• Generate client prospects by attending local tradeshows and events, hosting seminars, joining networking groups, utilizing online marketing venues, and asking for referrals.
• Develop and execute a marketing plan to attract and engage target audiences that will attract client prospects to build your practice.
• Schedule and conduct financial planning and advice meetings with clients and client prospects.
• Build deep, meaningful relationships with clients and develop a service model to provide solutions that support their financial goals.
• Achieve or exceed program standards; receive additional compensation opportunities and recognition tied to your results.
• Build a book of business as a stand-alone Ameriprise Financial advisor.
• If desired, explore teaming opportunities with seasoned financial advisors as you achieve program standards and advance in your training curriculum.
• Follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when serving clients and prospects and performing all work-related activities.
• 3+ years of work experience with a proven track record of success.
• Have a network of personal and professional contacts within the local area that you may engage for referrals.
• Showcase a background in building strong relationships and delivering superior client service.
• Cannot have been a financial advisor soliciting securities-based business or have a securities-based book of clients in the past 8-10 years.
• Legally authorized to work in the U.S. and does not now or in the future require sponsorship for visa status.
• Ability to obtain required licenses within 150 days of hire:
o FINRA Series 7 (Obtaining the Series 7 may include passing the Securities Industry Essentials exam plus the Series 7 top-off exam)
o State Securities (Series 63 or Series 66)
o State IAR (Series 65 or Series 66)
o State Life, Health Insurance and Variable Products lines
• Four-year college degree, or equivalent
• Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to succeed in a goal-oriented environment.
• Willingness and desire to be part of a coaching relationship and peer learning environment.
• Proven track record of continued success in all industries and careers including, but not limited to: • Accountants • Attorneys • Bankers • CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals* • Community leaders • Consultants • Entrepreneurs • Fundraisers • Insurance agents • Military personnel • Professional athletes • Real estate agents and developers • Risk managers • Sales and marketing professionals • Teachers and educators
About Our Company
We’re a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Family Group
Line of Business