Director, Business Analysis
- Support SMEs in analysis to enable more focus on decision making. Gathering and documenting requirements from functional / workstream leads and end users. Analysing demand/case for change and documenting business impact assessments. Documentation of solution design, current & future states and gap analysis. Liaison with Solutions & Data Architects, business & commercial stakeholders, and technical teams.
- Build relationships with business leaders to understand business objectives and priorities, drive large/complex business process improvements that support operational excellence, productivity enhancements, growth, and other key initiatives. Partner with business architecture to align designs in the enterprise
- Analyze complex business issues by incorporating company and industry knowledge with sound analytical processes. Manage multiple relationships across the organization, including senior level leaders, and at times with external parties and clients. Act as a liaison among business leaders and stakeholders to gather information and share best practices, and to ensure initiatives are executed appropriately. Define business analysis approach to projects and lead the execution of the analysis. Present results of analysis and/or recommendations to business leaders and stakeholders.
- Support the delivery of project objectives by ensuring that delivery is aligned to standards and processes, with provision of strong estimates and risk management. Support the business in understanding complex ideas and solutions through the provision of high quality documentation and stakeholder communication.
- Define business analysis approach to projects and manage reporting on progress, managing expectations, risk, and ensuring post-implementation benefits are measured.
- Leading a team of BA's ensuring quality and consistency of output
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in business analysis, including learning from other market leaders and industries. Educate team on changes in the industry and organization and contribute to best practices of the team.
- Provide effective people leadership through effective coaching, feedback, and sound performance management practices. Act as champion for the team and intervene on matters that create roadblocks to individual or organizational success.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience as leader, either formally or informally, with resilience and energetic/positive attitude.
- Demonstrated people leadership experience.
- Ability to influence, motivate and negotiate with senior leaders and corporate office partners.
- Expertise in eliciting, analysing, prioritising and validating requirements and building partnerships with business stakeholders
- Proven track record in designing and delivering business solutions
- Ability to identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be built and operated
- Excellent communication skills, both business and technical
- Experience of assimilating a lot of detailed information, identify the important points and present them back in the appropriate format
- Ability to look at the bigger picture and make connections
- Experience of leading and facilitating project meetings & workshops effectively and producing documentation such as impact assessments, current and target state, requirements and business process and data flow documentation
- Proven success in delivery and implementation and obtaining sign-off from key stakeholders
- Asset management experience/knowledge
- Business modelling and diagramming for the purpose of explaining complex issues
About Our Company
We’re a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Family Group
Line of Business