Senior Manager, Quality Assurance
- Test analysis
- Test design
- Test execution
- Defect reporting and analysis
The successful candidate will work closely with Test Management, Project Managers, and the Business Units to ensure the effectiveness of the testing efforts done by the test team. They will do this by ensuring they understand the key program/project testing requirements and success criteria. They will use the framework and documentation templates provided in the test strategy to document test plans detailing; the appropriate methodology, processes, and approach for a project, including which test tools to use and whether test automation would be appropriate.
They will be able to analyze project documentation to quickly develop an understanding of the technology solution and will use this knowledge to be a positive contributor in project discussions.
This role will be business facing so as well as having extensive testing knowledge the test lead will need to be able to quickly form business relationships and be expected to champion the reason for / purpose of testing in all interactions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing a detailed testing plan and monitoring all testing activities throughout the project life cycle
- Reviewing requirements documentation and where appropriate providing feedback to ensure the requirements are clear and testable
- Working with the program/project manager to develop a project plan, schedule, and resource model related to the required testing efforts
- Maintaining thorough records of all test execution results using the designated test management tool for project and audit purposes
- Ensuring defects are documented and tracked through to completion using the designated test management tool for project and audit purposes
- Leading and hands on execution of test cases to validate that all the documented functional and non-functional requirements (if appropriate) have been met
- Producing regular reporting on test progress, defect statistics, and defect resolution to project leadership
- Test environment management and the scheduling of releases to minimise the impact on testing progress and the overall project schedule
- Actively seeking to identify and acknowledge program/project issues and take appropriate corrective actions, escalating, as needed
- Educating technology and business partners on the importance of quality assurance, testing and best practices
- Producing an end of phase report detailing the test results and providing a recommendation to management on behalf of the test team
- Actively participating in project phase end review sessions
- 3+ year’s experience leading a team of quality assurance test professionals or other technology professionals.
- Experience working with a variety of test management / defect tracking tools (e.g., JIRA, Quality Centre, ADO etc.)
- Expert understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), QA testing concepts, methodologies, processes, and tools as per the ITSQB syllabus
- Strong analytical skills with hands on experience of producing test scenarios and test cases from requirement documentation and execution of those tests.
- Ability to clearly describe the different test methodologies and why one would be more appropriate than another depending on the type of project being undertaken.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others. Showing a positive attitude and being actively involved in solutioning outstanding issues to achieve project and company goals.
- Ability to be positively assertive and diplomatic when working through project quality assurance issues.
- Skilled in understanding business requirements, establishing credibility and building relationships.
- Understanding of test automation tools and how they can be best utilized within a project. Ability to assess whether they would be a project benefit or overhead.
- Extensive testing experience within the Financial Services industry (i.e., broker-dealer, advisor distribution, asset management, insurance, etc.)
- Experience of Aladdin or similar OMS
- Understanding of non-functional testing and the various types of testing that fall under this category.
About Our Company
We’re a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Family Group
Line of Business