Advisor Licensing Program
- Obtain your required licenses/credentials within 150 days of hire:
- Active State Securities Agent Registration (S63 or S66)
- Active IAR Registration (S65 or S66) and
-State Life, Health Insurance and Variable Products lines.
- Attend and engage in licensing coaching, as required. Be accountable for making progress within the program’s licensing and appointment preparation timelines.
- Assist seasoned financial advisor(s) in working with clients to them achieve their financial goals.
- Serve as a key team practice member, creating and delivering a unique client experience that differentiates the practice.
- Provide support to clients and prospects by serving them holistically and/or specializing in products or services. Specialized responsibilities may include:
-Identify clients to engage or re-engage in financial planning relationships.
-Gather and analyze data and develop financial planning recommendations.
-Help prepare and/or deliver financial plans. Foster ongoing financial planning relationships with clients.
-Become a product expert. Serve clients and prospects in this capacity, run illustrations and develop product-centric recommendations.
-Manage specific parts of the business, e.g., manage operations, recommend process improvements, own staff meeting agendas, monitor budgets/expenses, etc.
-Manage the practice’s client service model and consistent execution.
- Follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when serving client and prospects and performing all work-related activities.
- Join Ameriprise in a team practice and support a seasoned financial advisor or advisors.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution.
- High level of confidence, perseverance and a strong desire to succeed in a goal-oriented environment.
- Show accountability to your results.
- Outstanding verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Willingness and desire to learn from seasoned financial advisor(s) and be part of a collaborative, team-centric environment.
About Our Company
We’re a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Family Group
Line of Business