National Advisor Consultant
As a National Advisor Consultant, promote Columbia Management products through the extensive sales network of Ameriprise Financial Advisors, banks, broker dealers, wire houses and independents via inbound calls. To be most successful in this role, you will be personable, detail-oriented and eager to learn.
Our current National Advisor Consultants like this role because it allows them to build their skill sets, work in a collaborative, team-based environment where they engage with clients and colleagues, and have meaningful career path optionality.
Why you'll like this role
- Opportunity to deepen knowledge of financial services industry
- Collaborative, team-based environment where you will engage with clients and colleagues throughout the day
- Access to one-of-a-kind sales training to enhance skill set
- Career path optionality – While many individuals move up through sales team, others move on to other departments like product, marketing and investments
- Boston-based position with hybrid working environment; weekly schedule includes a mix of in-office and remote work
- Provides continuous inbound marketing support, sales assistance and follow-up to brokers/producers and wholesalers to maintain a high level of service to priority broker/dealers.
- Maintains and expands existing fund business with current producers by encouraging repeat sales and cross-selling other products.
- Generates producer prospect referrals from existing fund producers for wholesalers and inside wholesalers.
- Maintains effective and ongoing communication with inside wholesaler, internal marketing staff and other departments.
- Solicits feedback from managers, sales desk, and wholesalers.
- Takes and inputs literature orders.
- Maintains management software.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Series 7, state securities agent registration (S63 or S66) and state IAR registration (S65 or S66) or the ability to obtain within a defined period of time.
About Our Company
We’re a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Family Group
Line of Business