Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of BostonAs an employee of the Boston Fed, you will work to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. You will contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policy-making, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts. The Boston Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks and we serve all or parts of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Our mission is accomplished through our Bank's values: diversity, equity and inclusion, innovation, integrity, and leadership.
This job posting will establish a pipeline of interested individuals for current or future opportunities at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. When a position becomes available, applicants who best meet the qualifications will be contacted.
This position includes the receipt, processing, validation, destruction and payout of currency, and receipt and payout of coin, in a highly controlled, regulated, and secure environment. Strict adherence to a set of defined rules and regulations, including those outlined in the Treasury Currency Operations Manual (TCOM), Custody Control Principles and Standards (CCPS), and internal District Cash Procedures, is required.
- Acquires job knowledge to pay and receive currency/coin to depository institutions, and/or operate high-speed currency equipment, while achieving challenging production standards and complying with stringent procedures, controls and attendance requirements
- Balances deposits and processes financial accounting transactions/entries to depository institutions using accounting operating systems and Cash Services unique inventory and processing applications
- Navigates complex inventory tracking within said systems to record inventory and transfers among internal valuables handling teams and external customers, account for differences and other pertinent data elements
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the physical counts as well as automated accounting and transfer records
- Complies with stringent documentation requirements. Obtains counterfeit certification and is able to detect counterfeits and altered notes through manual inspection
- Required to maintain certification through at least, semi-annual testing.
- Transfers and stores significant values and quantities of currency and coin using material handling equipment, and maintains custody and accountability throughout completion of these processes
Receives training and certification to operate material handling equipment as required by OSHA
- Demonstrates ability to operate in a confined team environment with high results orientation; displays effective interpersonal skills Identifies and alerts management team to control and procedure exceptions and equipment problems
- Demonstrates the ability to correct routine mechanical issues with currency verification machines
Knowledge and Experience
Knowledge normally acquired through the completion of associate degree and/or a minimum of 1-3 related work experience
- Must be able to push equipment weighing 800 pounds, and up to 40 - 60 pounds repeatedly as well as have the ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Math, Balancing, Accounting and MS Office proficiency
- Basic 10-key skills preferred
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)No
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.