Dev Ops Engineer
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of AtlantaWhen you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you’ll play a key role, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We dedicate more than $1 billion to technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we’re building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we’ll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
*This is a hybrid role and will require you to come onsite in Atlanta
This role is a technical leadership engineering position requiring cloud and Dev Ops experience. Works with developers, application owners and vendors to facilitate app installs, upgrades and migrations. Uses documentation, established policies, and procedures to support Service and Delivery teams with application maintenance and server stability. Designs and builds an automated deployment tool set and infrastructure using a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process. Designs and participates in developing continuous delivery framework using Dev Ops principles and tools. Provides guidance and technical support regarding procedural best practices for applications and business areas.
- Develops and maintains CI/CD tool technologies to help application delivery teams improve their productivity and accelerate their software delivery.
- Supports the development of infrastructure-as-code (IaC), configuration-as-code (CaC) and other automation used to manage the CI/CD tool applications, pipelines and required infrastructure.
- Manages the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and release process for the platform from development through production environments, including assisting in developing automated testing to validate the platform.
- Drives DevSecOps culture and capability adoption both within the product team and across the teams that are consuming the products we deliver.
- Promotes and works in an Agile and product delivery model to iteratively improve the platform offerings and adapt to the changing needs of our users.
- Remains continually aware of business, infrastructure, and technical issues to aid in the development of innovative solutions
- Keeps abreast of latest cloud services, emerging technologies, and practices in order to lead best practices in migration, cloud-native application development, Dev Ops and Cloud Ops practices
Functional Knowledge Preferences
- DevOps CI/CD Process
- Agile Software Development Process
- Change Management Practices
- Windows, AWS and Azure System Adm
- Terraform, GitHub, Azure DevOps Pipel
- PowerShell Scripting
- AWS/Azure Cloud Certifications preferred
- Cloud Certifications preferred
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Problem Solving
- Communicates Effectively
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological developments).
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.