Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of BostonThis position is responsible for conducting financial analysis, reviewing business areas strategic plans and budgets, and monitoring and reporting on performance. This position requires standard knowledge of general accounting and finance, internal Federal Reserve financial and cost accounting, financial management applications, and Bank strategies and operations. This position relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Hybrid: It is anticipated that you will work on a Hybrid basis under the Bank's "Hybrid" categorization of this role. You agree to work in the FRB Boston office and with a schedule agreed upon with your management team. While working from your home office, you agree to have the appropriate office set up to support your full engagement and protection of Federal Reserve information. It is expected that you reside within the First District and remain located within the district unless otherwise approved by your management and HR management.
This position is responsible for conducting financial analysis, supporting Bankwide strategic planning and budgeting, and monitoring and reporting on operational and strategic performance. This position requires solid understanding and knowledge of accounting and finance, internal Federal Reserve financial and cost accounting, financial management applications, and Bank strategies and operations. This position relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and requires excellent communication skills, flexibility and versatility.
• Prepare Business Area reports, that are timely, accurate and insightful.
• Support business area management in the development of their strategic plan and budget. Review historical data; to inform analysis, costs, staffing, and expense.
• Prepare presentations, reports, and materials for local management, including statistical reports and graphs, and quality reports, in addition to special projects. Utilize complex excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Access databases.
• Coordinates, conducts and documents financial analysis projects. Conducts or participates in the most complex financial analysis projects.
• Participates on Bankwide cross-functional and/or System workgroups. Provides high-level support, including the writing of correspondence, to senior management on a variety of tasks.
• Participates in the development of Bankwide operating and capital budgets. Reviews business plans and budgets for assigned areas. Summarizes key issues and collaborates with business areas to resolve them. Prepares sections of the Plan and Budget document for management, Board of Governors, and Board of Directors.
• Advises and assists business areas in developing budget forecasts.
Leads or contributes to special studies in areas such as the organization's operational effectiveness, operating cost containment, industry benchmarking, etc.
• Advises business areas and others when interpreting financial management policies or implement new programs. Involved in modeling what if scenario analysis.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.