Compliance and Training Manager
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of BostonAs an employee of the Boston Fed, you will work to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. You will contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policy-making, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts. The Boston Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks and we serve all or parts of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Our mission is accomplished through our Bank's values: diversity, equity and inclusion, innovation, integrity, and leadership.
This job is essential to Bank operations and will be an onsite role.
This position is responsible for managing the development and execution of comprehensive audit program assessing the effectiveness of controls regarding the reliability and integrity of financial and operational information, the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, ensuring training requirements are met, safeguarding of assets and compliance with Cash procedures, System and Treasury requirements.
- Hire, train, lead, monitor, coach, develop, and motivate a team. Provide ongoing feedback. Conduct performance appraisals. Foster a team environment. Conduct team meetings. Reinforce departmental initiatives through on-going communication. Develop an inclusive culture and learning environment
- Manage the Cash Services management reviews, internal procedural audits, access reviews, external audits and COSO testing to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the Cash operation and safeguarding of Bank assets. Review and approve internal audit reports, and make presentations to Cash management. Work with operations management to resolve and mitigate risk.
- Oversee the training function
- Serve as a liaison with Internal Audit, BOG, Treasury and other external examiners. Assist in formal responses to external audits and examinations. Monitor follow up and prepare status reports
- Analyze internal and custody controls. Recommend changes to procedures and audit requirements, formulate flowcharts of processes, and manage waivers
- Maintain expert knowledge and monitor trends in the areas of auditing, compliance, and security by keeping abreast of Treasury and Federal Reserve and other regulations , and System and Bank initiatives impacting Cash
- Oversee trend analysis of differences and the investigation of unusual trends and outlier data or other unusual internal or external events
- Oversee differences in incoming deposits and claims associated with processed currency by Deposit Institutions and Armored Carriers and related communication, Account Balance Confirmation and General Ledger reconcilement, counterfeit returns and reports, video surveillance system reports and ensuring appropriate camera views
- Participate in Bank and department special projects, and System workgroups as assigned
This position requires strict adherence to custody control guidelines
This position is required to directly and indirectly supervise others
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field and/or CIA certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years auditing experience preferred
- Knowledge of COSO desired
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Strong and effective coaching skills
- Strong audit skills, influence and persuasion skills
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical, problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to gain expert knowledge of Cash operation procedures and technology, custody control standards and Treasury regulations
- Demonstrate professional presence and initiative
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, and manage multiple and conflicting priorities
- Flexible, innovative and open to change while being able to work in a controlled environment
- Strong command of Microsoft Office and the ability to utilize tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- A drivers license is required for occasional travel to offsite facilities in New England
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.