Business Analyst Senior I
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of BostonAs an employee of the Boston Fed, you will work to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. You will contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policy-making, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts. The Boston Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks and we serve all or parts of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Our mission is accomplished through our Bank's values: diversity, equity and inclusion, innovation, integrity, and leadership.
This job is eligible for a hybrid schedule with some on-site work expected. The individual is excepted to reside in the 1st District unless you were given an exception.
The Statistics, Structure and Data Group (SSD) of the Supervision, Regulation, and Credit (SRC) Department of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston (FRBB) has an opening for an Business Analyst – Senior 1. The SSD group provides data support to our various stakeholders who include the leadership team and staff within SRC, FRBB, and the System in support of their analysis and decision making.
As an Business Analyst – Senior 1, you will leverage your expertise with data, database structures and tools to extract, manipulate and transform data into meaningful and valuable input while providing analysis, visualization and reporting. The position will be responsible for making recommendations to increase efficiency and streamline and automate processes. You will also determine the best approaches to storing and capturing data in alignment with local and national standards. The ability to collaborate with multiple teams and levels within the organization is required. You will be best suited if you have a passion for proactively utilizing your technical expertise to look for information and accurately querying and sharing data to a diverse set of individuals and groups.
- Possesses thorough understanding of complex data, tools, and technology to perform routine and non-routine data querying.
- Leverage expertise to create reports and visualizations of data.
- Under some supervision performs business analysis on complex department data, including, financial, structure, supervisory, time tracking, conflicts, records data among others.
- Analyzes business problems with appropriate logic and fact-finding and begins to identify underlying issues or problems and recognizes trends and cause and effect relationships.
- Trains others and performs troubleshooting when errors occur.
- Collaborates with team members within the unit, the department, the Bank and the System. Coordinates own work with others in group projects. Manages workflow independently with occasional communication with supervisor.
- With some oversight, presents both orally and in written form on non-complex business matters to internal and external stakeholders, System colleagues, and the Board of Governors.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adjust to new and different priorities.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency using SQL, R, SAS, or similar programming and analytics tools.
- Experience in utilizing using Tableau, PowerBI, Shiny or other data visualization tools.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is not required to directly supervise others.
Knowledge and Experience:
Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a Master’s degree and 3+ years of related work experience.
The Federal Reserve Bank is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position and sponsorship for a work visa, and subsequently for permanent residence, if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years. All candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.