Senior HR Business Partner
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of BostonSenior Human Resources Business Partner
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
As part of the central bank of the United States, the Boston Fed works to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. We contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policy-making, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts.
The Senior HR Business Partner (Sr. HRBP) strategic Human Resources (HR)consultation and customized solutions across the assigned business unit(s), which will include some of our essential onsite departments, by serving as a strategic partner to leaders, managers and employees integrating HR strategy and providing guidance that adds value to the business. The Sr HRBP effectively delivers HR programs to the Bank related to talent management strategies and supporting Bank leaders in their managerial responsibilities to successfully manage. Consults with Reserve Bank HR centers of expertise and System HR colleagues (talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, learning and development, HR technology and analytics) to ensure HR policies and procedures are well understood. The Senior HR Business Partner reports to the Director, HR Business Partners. This role will be considered hybrid with an expectation to be onsite an average of 2-3 times per week in support of clients.
- Building a strong HR partnership with Bank business leaders and a deep understanding of the business to ensure the seamless delivery of HR strategy and programs to the client(s).
- Working closely with Bank management to understand business strategies and initiatives, proactively analyzes and identifies human capital issues and trends, and partners with HR to recommend and implement integrated human capital strategies to enhance attraction and retention.
- Effectively executing the talent management programs that support workforce engagement, development and retention strategies.
- Leading the talent review and performance feedback programs to support ongoing talent development and succession planning.
- Coaching and building the capabilities of managers to anticipate and pre-empt organizational issues
- Supporting complex employee relations matters through active engagement with managers, employees, HR leadership and Legal advisors.
- Collaborating closely with the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to ensure our talent management and employee engagement efforts support a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
- Monitoring trends and best practices in the responsible areas of expertise and HR more broadly to continuously drives improvements in tools and policies through external market trends, insight and internal best practices.
- Understanding and anticipating the need for change, diagnosing the underlying issues and building the case for change with stakeholders. Developing frameworks to plan and manage the continuous process of change including dependencies, risk, potential scenarios and options to mitigate.
- Completing other duties as assigned, such as participating in, leading and/or championing relevant special projects.
Expertise you will bring-
- Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years human resources experience with proven success in leadership or consulting roles along with an HR certification required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and competencies with the ability to manage and develop strategy.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the HR field and the link between HR strategy and programs and business strategy.
- Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy.
- Ability to identify and implement innovative ways to support the business strategy.
- Basic understanding of HR-related federal and state laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and leverage organizational interdependencies, interfaces and processes including the ability to work through demanding situations and balance multiple priorities
- Demonstrated competencies in leadership, strategic thinking and business focus.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills that effectively reach all levels of the organization.
- Presentation skills, delivery of training or educational programs preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Knowledge of Workday beneficial.
The Federal Reserve System is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
For this job, any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a physical examination (including a drug screening), reference checks, and a background check investigation consisting of credit, criminal history checks, and prior employment checks.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.