Senior Data Analyst
Headquartered in Boston, Forward Financing has been recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Boston Business Journal and Built In Boston and is certified as a Great Place to Work.® At Forward, we believe every business deserves financial opportunity. That’s why we provide fast, flexible capital to small businesses that have often been underserved by traditional financing options. Our mission is to build a world-class fintech company so our customers and people can reach their full potential. We’re investing in our employees, technology, and customer experience – with long-term success in mind every step of the way.
As a Senior Data Analyst on our Analytics team, you will leverage the Company’s data and modern data stack to provide valuable insights that enhance operations and business outcomes across all departments. You will report to the Manager of Business Intelligence and Analytics.
Why you should apply:
- Meaningful work. You will make a lasting impact, helping us achieve our mission of helping small businesses. You will see your work directly impact the decision making process of Departments across Forward Financing, and contribute to the long term success of Forward Financing.
- You love working with data! In this role, you will work with a variety of datasets to provide teams with deeper insight, enabling operational and strategic decisions. You will work with our modern data stack (Fivetran + Snowflake + dbt + Tableau + Census) to deliver a combination of automated reports and dashboards, self-service tools, and ad-hoc analyses.
- Flexibility is a top priority. Our teams are empowered to do what works for them. This opportunity has 100% fully remote flexibility.
In this role you will:
- Develop expertise in navigating, and generating insights from, the Company’s internal databases (including Salesforce).
- Partner with various Departments to identify and outline data needs and requirements.
- Work with Tableau and SQL to build customized dashboards, visual analyses, and self-serve tools for key stakeholders.
- Contribute to work across the Analytics department, including Analytics Engineering and Data Science.
(Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.)
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience in an analytics role
- Ability to perform complex joins and transformations on data using SQL
- Experience building data visualizations with Tableau or similar tools (e.g., Looker PowerBI, Mode, ThoughtSpot)
- Strong knowledge of Excel (vlookup, index/match, pivot tables, calculations)
- Bonus: Experience using Snowflake, DBT, Git, and Python
Forward Financing Core Values:
- Drive the Mission - We believe in financial opportunity for underserved small businesses. We say “yes” when others say “no.”
- Keep It Real - We value direct communication, candid feedback, and authenticity. We are an open book.
- Act With Kindness - We create an environment where caring is cool and helping is the norm. We do the right thing.
- Shoot for Extraordinary - We are inspired by innovative thinking and continuous improvement. We never settle for yesterday’s best.
Forward Financing is a fintech company headquartered in Boston that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. Since 2012, Forward has provided over $2.2 billion in financing to more than 50,000 small businesses. Forward has been consistently named by the Boston Business Journal and Built In Boston (and more!) as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We encourage a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By accepting diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
Our diverse and driven group of over 430 people, with more than 200 based in the U.S., and 230 internationally, is a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees come to work (or log on virtually!) knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds exciting to you, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward, our team members are at the heart of our company, and we are committed to taking care of them as people, not just employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and commuter benefits, a flexible time-off policy, 401k match, wellness reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
The health and safety of our colleagues is our top priority, which is why we will continue to follow the latest CDC guidelines on COVID-19 in our office. We have also implemented an Employee Choice policy, so that team members can work where they feel most comfortable.
At Forward, employee choice means each individual gets to decide where they work. Almost all team members have the choice of where to live and where to work. As a business, we are focused on impact; we are more concerned with your contributions to the success of the company than where you get your work done. If face-to-face time is desired, people managers are empowered to find a cadence that works for their team.
When we aren’t collaborating to drive business and support our customers, we’re finding virtual and in-person ways to get to know our colleagues, celebrate team wins, and have fun together!