Manager / Senior Manager, Business Intelligence (BI)
Headquartered in Boston, Forward Financing has been recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Boston Business Journal and Built In Boston and is certified as a Great Place to Work.® At Forward, we believe every business deserves financial opportunity. That’s why we provide fast, flexible capital to small businesses that have often been underserved by traditional financing options. Our mission is to build a world-class fintech company so our customers and people can reach their full potential. We’re investing in our employees, technology, and customer experience – with long-term success in mind every step of the way.
As the Manager/ Senior Manager of Business Intelligence on our Analytics team, you will lead a team of Data Analysts who are responsible for providing dashboards and actionable insights to all of our operational departments including: Sales, Underwriting, Account Servicing, Finance, Legal and Marketing. We are looking for someone who can understand business problems, break them down into manageable pieces, generate effective recommendations and execute on providing a solution.
Reporting directly to the Director of Analytics and Data Science, this is an exciting opportunity to have a leadership role on a team that is tackling fun data challenges. We have built a strong analytics foundation, and are looking for someone who can help take our team, and our processes for delivering business intelligence, to the next level.
Why you should apply:
- Meaningful work. You will make a lasting impact, helping us achieve our mission of helping small businesses. You will also see your impact across teams and on the long term success of Forward Financing.
- You love working with data and collaborating with all types of teams!
- Flexibility is a top priority. Our teams are empowered to do what works for them. This opportunity has 100% fully remote flexibility.
- Manage and grow a team of Data Analysts
- Partner with leaders and operational analysts from all departments to produce dashboards, KPIs and actionable insights that enable them to monitor business performance and make data-driven decisions
- Become a go-to resource for helping shape key metrics for each department
- Oversee project management for Business Intelligence projects and initiatives
- Collaborate with Analytics Engineering to build scalable data models and business logic that form the foundation for all analyses and dashboards
- Stay informed on new tools and trends, and recommend ideas that can elevate our team and improve how we deliver business intelligence to the organization
- 8+ years of experience as a Business Intelligence Analyst/Manager or Analytics Engineer
- 2+ years of management experience
- Expert-level SQL and data modeling skills
- 1+ years experience using Snowflake and dbt preferred
- Experience building data visualizations with Tableau or similar tools (e.g. Looker, PowerBI)
- Ability to create solutions to complex business problems
- Ability to effectively collaborate with stakeholders
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
Forward Financing Core Values:
- Drive the Mission - We believe in financial opportunity for underserved small businesses. We say “yes” when others say “no.”
- Keep It Real - We value direct communication, candid feedback, and authenticity. We are an open book.
- Act With Kindness - We create an environment where caring is cool and helping is the norm. We do the right thing.
- Shoot for Extraordinary - We are inspired by innovative thinking and continuous improvement. We never settle for yesterday’s best.
Forward Financing is a fintech company headquartered in Boston that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. Since 2012, Forward has provided over $2.2 billion in financing to more than 50,000 small businesses. Forward has been consistently named by the Boston Business Journal and Built In Boston (and more!) as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We encourage a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By accepting diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
Our diverse and driven group of over 430 people, with more than 200 based in the U.S., and 230 internationally, is a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees come to work (or log on virtually!) knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds exciting to you, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward, our team members are at the heart of our company, and we are committed to taking care of them as people, not just employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and commuter benefits, a flexible time-off policy, 401k match, wellness reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
The health and safety of our colleagues is our top priority, which is why we will continue to follow the latest CDC guidelines on COVID-19 in our office. We have also implemented an Employee Choice policy, so that team members can work where they feel most comfortable.
At Forward, employee choice means each individual gets to decide where they work. Almost all team members have the choice of where to live and where to work. As a business, we are focused on impact; we are more concerned with your contributions to the success of the company than where you get your work done. If face-to-face time is desired, people managers are empowered to find a cadence that works for their team.
When we aren’t collaborating to drive business and support our customers, we’re finding virtual and in-person ways to get to know our colleagues, celebrate team wins, and have fun together!