Director, People & Culture
Headquartered in Boston, Forward Financing has been recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Boston Business Journal and Built In Boston and is certified as a Great Place to Work.® At Forward, we believe every business deserves financial opportunity. That’s why we provide fast, flexible capital to small businesses that have often been underserved by traditional financing options. Our mission is to build a world-class fintech company so our customers and people can reach their full potential. We’re investing in our employees, technology, and customer experience – with long-term success in mind every step of the way.
The Director of People & Culture will be charged with developing a strategy and plan for the evolution of Forward’s workforce and will be an integral member of the Leadership Team.
In this role you will:
- Own a comprehensive People & Culture strategy that positions the company to retain, develop, and empower quality talent at all levels
- Manage organization-wide programs for all employees driving positive and measurable impact on the culture and performance
- Partner with business leaders to understand department objectives and results and align People programs to business needs
- Ensure our total rewards programs is comprehensive and motivates our people to achieve our mission
- Partner with a global People and Culture team driving alignment between our team members
- Demonstrate excellent program management skills (manage a budget, generate buy-in, exceptional attention to detail, outstanding organization, ability to prioritize, work with various stakeholders across the firm, and take ownership and responsibility)
- Build relationships across the company with a team of diverse styles, skill sets, and experience levels
- Be an excellent change leader, with demonstrated ability to support changes across departments, understanding the impact on other teams and the company, and leveraging relationships to build buy-in for the changes
(Even if you don’t check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.)
- 8+ years of progressively more responsible business and human resources leadership experience
- Experience partnering with a global people team is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to define and execute strategy
- Ability to effectively manage complex stakeholder environments and global matrixed environments
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize, leading effectively through the dynamics of change in an entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor's degree
Forward Financing Core Values:
- Drive the Mission - We believe in financial opportunity for underserved small businesses. We say “yes” when others say “no.”
- Keep It Real - We value direct communication, candid feedback, and authenticity. We are an open book.
- Act With Kindness - We create an environment where caring is cool and helping is the norm. We do the right thing.
- Shoot for Extraordinary - We are inspired by innovative thinking and continuous improvement. We never settle for yesterday’s best.
Forward Financing is a fintech company headquartered in Boston that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. Since 2012, Forward has provided over $2.2 billion in financing to more than 50,000 small businesses. Forward has been consistently named by the Boston Business Journal and Built In Boston (and more!) as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts.
Forward actively promotes a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all we do. We encourage a workplace where trust and respect are paramount and all employees feel valued, heard, and accepted. By accepting diversity of thought, background, and identity, we will continue to become a stronger team and a better organization.
Our diverse and driven group of over 430 people, with more than 200 based in the U.S., and 230 internationally, is a 100% employee-owned company. Our employees come to work (or log on virtually!) knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds exciting to you, learn more about our leadership team and our open opportunities.
Perks & Benefits:
At Forward, our team members are at the heart of our company, and we are committed to taking care of them as people, not just employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and commuter benefits, a flexible time-off policy, 401k match, wellness reimbursement, paid volunteering days, annual professional development budget, and charitable donation match.
At Forward, employee choice means each individual gets to decide where they work. Almost all team members have the choice of where to live and where to work. As a business, we are focused on impact; we are more concerned with your contributions to the success of the company than where you get your work done. If face-to-face time is desired, people managers are empowered to find a cadence that works for their team.
When we aren’t collaborating to drive business and support our customers, we’re finding virtual and in-person ways to get to know our colleagues, celebrate team wins, and have fun together!