Business Operations Associate
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
Here at Hometap, we’re collaborative, passionate, and always ready to roll up our sleeves to create solutions that help people get more out of homeownership — and out of life. Our first product, a home equity investment, gives homeowners the opportunity to quickly access the equity they’ve built in their home to pay for what’s most important to them, from handling debt to finally making much-needed renovations, without taking on debt.
We work hard, and have some fun along the way, too. You don’t have to take our word for it: The Boston Globe and Comparably have recognized us as a great place to work, and we’ve been honored for our commitment to innovation in the fintech space by BostInno, HousingWire, and more!
In case you need any more convincing, we also provide competitive compensation, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a generous share package, and a strong culture with plenty of opportunities for team-building and camaraderie.
Interested in joining us on our mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible? We’d love to talk.
We are looking to add an Associate to our Business Operations function at Hometap. This position will report to the Director of Business Operations, playing a critical role in supporting Hometap’s future growth. Business Operations at Hometap is highly cross functional – responsibilities of the team include the development and supporting execution of the company Operating Plan, identifying and driving our strategic initiatives and consistently looking for opportunities to improve “how we work.”
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be execution-oriented with exceptional attention to detail. You are a natural communicator, curious learner, and logical thinker. This role will require the ability to be well organized in a constantly changing and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. You are able to execute
the tactical details while seeing how they fit into the bigger picture.
What you’ll do:
- Own the development of presentations for major operating milestones (All Hands, Monthly Leadership Meetings, QBRs, Annual Operating Planning)
- Update company-wide project management tool to maintain current status on company wide and functional initiatives
- Build relationships across Hometap and help “connect the dots” across different functions with the goal of consistently improving “how we work”
- Optimize reporting and coordination of Operating KPIs by partnering with Business Intelligence, Finance and other functional subject matter experts
- Support Director of Business Operations and Business Leads on structuring, reporting and managing cross-functional initiatives
- Serve as Project Management resource for functional leaders; work to establish consistency and structure in project management where necessary
What you’ll bring:
- Growth mindset with a bias for action
- Ability to develop and foster cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to breakdown complex problems into actionable processes
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Google Suite (Sheets, Slides, Docs) and Saleforce.com reporting
- Experience working with Monday.com or Canvas
- Familiarity with the Fintech industry
- Prior experience with OKRs
Hometap is on a mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our home equity investment product provides homeowners with a fast, simple, and straightforward way to access the equity in their home without taking out a loan or having to sell. By investing alongside homeowners, Hometap offers debt-free cash in exchange for a share of their home’s future value — all without any monthly payments or interest over the life of the investment. Through a combination of financial innovation and best-in-class customer service, Hometap enables people to get more from homeownership so they can get more from life.
Hometap believes that our differences are what bring us together, and one of our biggest priorities is creating a diverse workplace that welcomes and values each team member’s unique perspective, background, and ideas. All roles here are filled based solely on candidates’ qualifications and our business needs.
Hometap is based in Boston, but will consider remote work for this position; however, the position must be performed in the United States entirely outside of Colorado.
See more open positions at Hometap
Something looks off?