Senior IT Project Manager
We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
At Manulife IT Delivery Center, we are looking for a rock star Senior Delivery Manager, who is excited to see the successful implementation of the products they deliver. You will have experience in managing and coordinating business and technical projects through all phases of initiation, development, and implementation.
We are looking for someone with:
- At least 10 years with experience as a Service Delivery Manager/Project Manager delivering complex technology solutions with a University Degree or College Diploma
- Experience in the development of a broadly implemented technology stack
- Experience in delivering projects from inception through to post-implementation warranty using waterfall and agile project management methodologies.
- Experience in managing and delivering projects involving stakeholders from multiple locations
- Any of the following will be an advantage:
- PMP certifications
- Scrum Master Certification
- Financial Services Industry experience
- ITIL Certification
- Working knowledge of business intelligence, business process, and/or correspondence management platforms and integrating systems via API/web services.
- Knowledge of project planning and tracking tools
- Good verbal and written communication; able to effectively articulate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes
You will stand out if you have:
- Experienced in grasping and explaining high-level solution architecture and design
On the job you will:
- Responsible for leading and executing complex, high impact projects with critical interdependencies across multiple stakeholders through all phases of development and implementation. Ensures projects are completed within budget, schedule, and quality targets while meeting business objectives
- Identifies resource needs for the project and establishes roles, expectations, and goals with team members
- Establish a governance cadence with stakeholders and report on the project’s performance against KPIs
- Direct and manage internal and external teams from multiple locations
- Works with stakeholders to define and manage the scope, strategy, requirements and implementation of projects
- Provides effective and regular communication within the project team, stakeholders, sponsors and management
- Participates in negotiation of contract terms and conditions and insures compliance with contract terms for project consultants and vendors
- Identifies, analyzes, mitigates, documents, and controls project issues and risks that impact project delivery and escalate to management
- Responsible for assisting in hiring project staff, and developing motivating, coaching, advising and managing the project team
- May manage the technical components of the project or act as manager of personnel, including evaluating personnel
- Monitor and manage employee engagement; Provide career direction for direct reports through an understanding of all disciplines and their desire for career progression.
- Establish succession planning for the function; Alignment to internal performance measurement mechanisms and working with peer leaders to properly identify High Potential and Outstanding
- Establish a knowledgebase for the project, set up training and onboarding plans, and support MITDC-wide training initiatives
- Ensures compliance to MITDC-wide Digital Engineering standards and MITDC processes
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
Our commitment to you
- Our mission; is to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact