Internal Sales Consultant - New Graduate Opportunities
We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
New Graduate Opportunities
The Internal Sales Consultant (ISC) works as a member of a team composed of a wholesaler and relationship manager who are responsible for educating financial advisors on retirement plans, particularly 401(k), and working with them to add John Hancock’s retirement solutions to their respective product offerings.
The ISC works to understand the needs and offer solutions that are aligned with the company key decision makers, the financial advisor and John Hancock. Working in conjunction with a Regional Vice President, this individual will proactively handle and cultivate their territory primarily via telephone, email and web activity. Using discretion and judgement, they will strategically handle their territory providing insight, practice management ideas and marketing support to registered representatives in their defined territory.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Financial Advisors and Registered Investment Advisors.
- Partner with a Regional Vice President in the field to create, develop and implement programs that drive opportunities in their territory.
- Leverage Investment Tools (RPAG, FI360, John Hancock Investment Comparison Tool) and provide insight for registered representatives helping them improve portfolio construction.
- Educate advisors on the retirement industry. Discuss the differences and advantages of products to help determine solution best suits their client’s needs. (SIMPLEs, 401(k), Individual IRA’s, Cash Balance plans, DB plans, non-qualified, etc).
- Become well versed in JH’s product offers as well as other providers to assist advisors in determining products that best meets their client’s need. A central part of this is assisting with plan design.
- Assist advisors and TPAs with sold case paperwork and the onboarding of plans
- Recommend and strategize with TPA Partners to develop unique and optimal Plan Design for each Plan Sponsor/401k Plan.
- Support the advisor’s business growth by helping them maximise John Hancock’s story and services to gain competitive advantage, as well as, providing industry insights.
- Establish and complete a business strategy and annual territory plan with the team to achieve revenue and growth targets by: Segmentation of advisors, using partners (DCIO/TPA) to find additional opportunities, and identifying innovative approaches to help current advisors grow their book of business.
- Provide service and support by contacting advisor audience by soliciting/prioritizing opportunities and analyzing needs (pricing, service issues, features) when existing plans go out for RFP
- Review investment line-up from current 401(k) provider, analyze and compare to the JH platform to ensure the plan sponsor has appropriate and diverse fund line-up offering providing full style box coverage.
- Lead projects for department initiatives to fully implement new processes, strategies, and more.
- Qualify new advisor prospects by gaining insight on their business model and composition of current clients
- Participate in training and coaching development programs to enhance skills and provide opportunities for advancement within the ISC role and other firm wide sales, marketing, and management related functions
- Adhere to the highest levels of integrity and professional conduct
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years dynamic work experience, preferably in phone and/or sales type roles.
- A commitment to attain the Securities Industry Essentials, Series 6, 63 plus state insurance and variable licenses within 4 months of hire
- Passion for growing a territory with a positive attitude
- Excellent relationship building, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Superior business insight especially with retirement plan products and intermediary strategies
- Versatility to use multiple tools and systems to efficiently research and prepare competitive proposals for advisors
- Honed analytical and problem-solving skills particularly in relation to providing guidance and handling a territory
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all collaborators and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact
Salary & Benefits
Manulife/John Hancock offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension/401(k) savings plans and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in the U.S. includes up to 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days, 150 hours of vacation, and 40 hours of sick time (or more where required by law) each year, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence.