Senior MS SQL DBA
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
Job Profile Description
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
- Proactively engage application teams on their database performance tuning requirements
- Performs periodic backups and perform restore procedures if needed or requested.
- Perform SQL Server installation, upgrade, patches and troubleshooting.
- Develop maintenance plan for SQL Servers and Application Servers.
- Takes immediate actions when database and applications performance issues arise.
- Execute database and application implementations.
- Maintain documentation procedure and standards.
- Attend to team, client and vendors meetings to discuss plans, growth, changes and issues.
- Respond to Level 1 and Level 2 Support team concerns / questions.
- Participate in off-hour on-call list.
- Perform weekend duties as required.
- Excellent comprehension, analytical and decision-making skills
- Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- 10+ years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- 10+ years Microsoft SQL Server experience.
- Technical expertise on MSSQL Performance Tuning
- Understanding of, and experience with SQL Server High Availability, monitoring, performance tune-up, Backup and Restore, Installation, Upgrade and Database Migration.
- Understanding of, and experience with Disaster and Recovery processes and execution.
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing, ETL and relational database environments.
- Experience maintaining Windows 2008R2/2012/2016/2017/2019 Enterprise Server.
- Strong PC skills, with experience in using Microsoft Office, especially Excel (Intermediate knowledge preferred)
- Experience in Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of CyberArk or ComVault are a plus.
- Familiarity with ITIL practices
Minimum Skills Requirement to Hire:
- Understanding of Relational Database Management System Concept.
- Intermediate skills in one of the following SQL Scripting, PowerShell & DOS Scripting.
- Application DBA background.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and education savings plans. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact