We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
Are you looking for a supportive and collaborative workplace with great benefits and clear career development? You’ve come to the right place.
Why Join MBPS Actuarial?
Since its establishment in 2012, the MBPS Actuarial team has grown into an Actuarial center of excellence with over 130 staff and growing. Their unwavering dedication to precision and ability to distill complex data into actionable insights has allowed them to continuously set the bar higher with their industry-defining expertise in Valuation, Liability and Asset Modelling, Experience Analytics, Pricing, and more.
MBPS Actuarial offers a wide range of global opportunities across multiple actuarial disciplines, a high-performing culture, a market leading actuarial development program, a job rotation program, and a leadership team dedicated to your growth and success. Beyond that, their influence extends to the broader community and industry, enriching the professional landscape for everyone involved.
We’re looking for a talented and driven Actuarial Analyst to join our Actuarial Function at MBPS. In this role, you will work closely with our Actuarial team to collect, analyze, and interpret data that drive key business decisions. With our team’s long-established history of success, you will be embark on a rewarding and engaging career path that exposes you to different facets of our global organization.
Have the skills and knowledge for the job? Learn more about the opening below!
NOTE: The final job title and level you receive will be dependent on your years of experience and your interviews during the application process.
- Collaborate with our skilled team of actuaries to support the company’s strategic data analysis, risk assessment, and business planning
- Support the business in tasks that may include the following:
- Portfolio Modeling
- Asset Modeling
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure precise financial projections, optimal pricing strategies, and effective risk-management solutions
- Drive innovation by staying at the forefront of industry trends, regulatory shifts, and technological advancements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or related field
- At least 1 year of actuarial work experience in Insurance or Financial Services. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply and will be considered for the Actuarial Assistant role.
- Progress towards attaining a designation in any recognized actuarial organization (SOA, ASP)
- Working experience in MS Office (Excel, VBA, Access), GGY AXIS, SQL, Qlikview, Python or similar program is a plus
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to gather, synthesize, organize, and report information, results, and recommendations to various levels across the organization
- Strong ability to establish priorities and manage multiple tasks with accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work in an evolving and dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build camaraderie across levels and business functions
- Passion to grow and driven to be recognized as a trusted business partner
Ready to join our high-performing team of Actuarial experts? Apply today!
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact