Actuarial Senior Analyst / Actuarial Assistant Manager
We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
Do you want to join a growing team in a high-performance culture that provides leadership and technical development opportunities? We are currently searching for a talented and driven individual to join our MBPS Actuarial Function. Established in 2012, MBPS Actuarial has become an actuarial center of excellence, with over 130 staff and growing, along with increasing range and ownership of deliverables, specializing in Valuation, Liability and Asset Modelling, Experience Analytics, Pricing, and more.
MBPS Actuarial offers a wide range of global opportunities across multiple actuarial disciplines, a high performing culture, a market leading actuarial development program, a job rotation program, and a leadership team dedicated to your growth and success.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage, and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related field
- At least 5 years of actuarial work experience in Insurance or Financial Services
- Significant progress towards attaining a designation in any recognized actuarial organization (SOA, ASP)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Excel, VBA, Access), GGY AXIS, SQL, Qlikview, Python or similar program is a plus
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and has demonstrated team collaboration
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, concepts and results to both technical and non-technical audiences whether written and oral
- Demonstrated ability meet tough deadlines and clearly set own priorities
On the job you will:
- Develop, validate, and implement model changes, (such as basis changes, new products, and other model enhancements) into our production models following VSSC Model Change Management guidelines, ensuring models are up to accepted modeling principles
- Monitor and manage the successful execution of our quarterly controls such as reserve movement analysis, audit logs, inclusion controls, upstream report validation for the Source of Earnings, New Business Embedded Value and Canadian/Local capital
- Support business units with various annual and ad-hoc projects such as Basis Changes & Regulatory Requirements/Changes and annual audit requirements.
- Effectively communicate the status and results of the changes to country lead and local Business Units
- Identify and implement solutions to improve the VSSC tools, processes, and general framework
Our commitment to you:
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact