Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
- Lead the design, development and maintenance of key business intelligence solutions (dashboard & interactive reporting tools on key business measures)
- Work directly with business stakeholders and translate business data needs into technical requirements, design, and implementation thru data visualization.
- Develop, Test and Maintain BI Dashboard to high standards of quality and performance using the company approved BI Tools. (e.g. Power BI, Qlikview, QlikSense, Tableau)
- To utilize UI/UX best practices to craft visualizations that create a single, aligned version of truth, present clear information about business results & call for action.
- Responsible on training junior members of the team and assist on setting up and/or implementing best practices to ensure the quality and consistency of the solutions.
- Lead initiatives to integrate new data sources/feeds into the Personal Investing database as the business expands the product offering
- Responsible for the health of the data and managing upstream/downstream processes of data and linkages
- Flexible on working with medium to high complex projects with a possibility on utilizing multiple BI tool for each solutions.
- Monitor Cloud Infrastructure health across development environments and maintain user accesses, report connections and troubleshooting by navigating to the management consoles or workspaces.
- Bachelor’s degree on Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and any relevant field with Business Intelligence.
- At least 5+ years of hands on experiences developing BI solutions preferably with Power BI
- At least 5+ years of hands-on experience developing Azure WebApps, ASP .Net Application
- Strong knowledge/proficiency of relational databases (MS SQL, Oracle) and Business Intelligence area and exemplary understanding of Data Modelling and Data Model normalization.
- Proficient interacting with stakeholders across multiple functions and levels to understand business requirements.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity on Azure Cloud Infrastructure, Network appliances is an advantage.
- Familiarity on working in agile (SCRUM) is an advantage.
- Familiarity on ITIL V3 is an advantage.
- Azure Data Lake Storage
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure SQL Server
- Azure Web Applications
- Power BI
- .Net Technologies (C#, Core)
- MS SQL
- MS Access
- GitHub , Jenkins
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and education savings plans. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact