Senior Mainframe Engineer
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
As a Senior Mainframe Engineer, you will:
- Build best in class apps, APIs and data solutions to drive projects.
- Apply creative problem solving that brings software designs to life.
- Design, code, unit test and integrate new features as defined by the PO and team.
- Follow and promote agile principles and methodology.
- Lead in the development of automated test harnesses as necessary to ensure delivery of high-quality code.
- Update progress daily through the tracking tool like Jira.
- Oversee and complete any of documentation required e.g., deployment, maintenance, support, and business needs.
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- Driving the participation in ideation and brainstorming sessions to devise creative and disruptive digital solutions. We need and value fresh ideas!
- Leading various investigative "Spikes" in order to mitigate technical uncertainty and risk.
- Working closely with the Product Owner to refine the Product Backlog including providing initial estimates and actively participating with the weekly Look Ahead meetings.
You will be working with (or have worked with any of the follow):
- COBOL, DB2, CICS, VSAM, JCL, SAS, Endevor and TSO
- Mainframe platforms: zOS, MVS/OS 390, Unix
- Mainframe utilities: File-Aid/DB2, SPUFI, ISPF, Xpediter, Scheduler (CA WorkLoad Automation/ESP dSeries Workload Automation, CONTROL M, CA7)
- Querying, and modifying IBM DB2; writing stored procedures and triggers
- Querying, and modifying VSAM.
- Designing, programming, and testing in mainframe and/or client server environments.
- Tools such as IBM Data Studio, Topaz Workbench, Micro Focus Cobol
- Technologies such as: API Gateways, Messaging, Data Event Streaming, REST, SOAP, Distributed Tracing, Relational and Document Database Interface/SQL
- Kafka messaging, IBM MQSeries/IBM WebSphere MQ or similar event/messaging platforms
- IT Service Management ticketing systems (ideally Service-Now)
Want to learn more? Apply today, we are eager to speak with you!
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and education savings plans. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact