C#.Net Full-Stack Software Engineer
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
We are seeking self-motivated engineers, who are obsessed with delivering value, are forward-thinking, love to learn from both successes and failures, and are excited to see the successful implementation of the products they deliver while remaining open to change and continuous improvement!
We are growing, and we are looking for .NET Software Engineers to complete our team! Our current opportunity is available in Makati and Quezon City.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Build best in class software solutions to drive our products, including prototyping, building, and testing new functionality.
- Maintain and ensuring high quality software, with accountability for production reliability and usage.
- Designing, coding, unit testing and integrating new features and functionality as defined by the PO and team.
- Contribute creative problem solving that bring software designs to life.
- Apply agile principles and methodology within the squad.
- Contribute the development of automated test harnesses as necessary to ensure delivery of high-quality code.
- Updating progress daily through the tracking tool (Jira) or Kanban board.
- Completing any of the documentation required e.g. deployment, maintenance, support and business needs.
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- Apply organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion.
- Leverage strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes.
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers, and operations engineers to uncover pain points and opportunities to deliver new business value through software.
- Driving the participation in ideation and brainstorming sessions to devise creative and disruptive digital solutions. We need and value fresh ideas!
- Contribute in various investigative "Spikes" in order to mitigate technical uncertainty and risk.
- Be part of initiatives to develop and improve standards and methodologies.
- Working closely with the Product Owner to refine the Product Backlog including providing initial estimates and actively participating with the weekly Look Ahead meetings.
You will be working with (or have worked with):
- Web applications using ASP.NET MVC (Version 5), C#/ ASP.NET Web Forms
- Web services using .NET Framework 4 & above and SQL Server 2016 & above
- Creating and consuming SOAP/REST and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) APIs
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Services such as Azure Kubernetes
- Agile delivery methods and related tools such as Jira and Confluence
- DevOps tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, etc.
- Monitoring and logging tools like New Relic, DynaTrace, DEVO/ELK
- The following are optional but are pluses
- Experience on developing SharePoint-based solutions
Want to learn more? Apply today, we are eager to speak with you!
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and education savings plans. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact