Business Intelligence Developer
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
The Business Intelligence Developer will collaborate closely to the business and technical teams, the resource will be responsible for transforming the data into insights, implement innovative solutions to analyze thru data visualization and recommend appropriate BI Tool (e.g. Power BI, Qlikview, QlikSense, Tableau) that will enable the users for any data driven actions based on the business needs.
- Be partnered with users, product owners & data engineers to design, develop and maintain business intelligence solutions (dashboard & interactive reporting tools on key business measures)
- Work directly with business stakeholders and translate business data needs into technical requirements, design, and implementation thru data visualization.
- Develop, Test and Maintain BI Dashboard to high standards of quality and performance using the company approved BI Tools. (e.g. Power BI, Qlikview, QlikSense, Tableau)
- To utilize UI/UX best practices to craft visualizations that create a single, aligned version of truth, present clear information about business results & call for action.
- Responsible on training junior members of the team and assist on setting up and/or implementing best practices to ensure the quality and consistency of the solutions.
- Flexible on working with medium to high complex projects with a possibility on utilizing multiple BI tool for each solutions.
- To be able to provide and maintain user accesses, report connections and troubleshooting by navigating to the management consoles or workspaces.
Minimum Skills Requirement to Hire:
- Bachelor’s degree on Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and any relevant field with Business Intelligence.
- At least 5+ years of hands-on experiences on developing BI solutions preferably with Power BI, Qlikview, or QlikSense.
- Experienced with BI technologies (e.g. Qlikview, QlikSense, Power BI)
- Pertinent experience in Data Modelling and Data Model normalization
- Solid understanding with the ETL methodology.
- Strong knowledge/proficiency of relational databases (MS SQL, Oracle) and Business Intelligence area.
- Understanding of design and development tools, SDLC methodologies and techniques, preferred
- Curiosity and analytical mindset – ability to ask the right questions and propose solutions. With strong evidence of being able to transform data into actionable insights.
- Experience on working in agile (SCRUM) is an advantage.
- Project management experience preferred
- Adept data storytelling and visualization – proficiency on creating solutions which aligns not only with the business requirements but as well as the company’s branding.
- Proven experience with customer management and project administration.
- Excellent communication skills for both written and verbal.
- Ability to allocate time efficiently, handle multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Planning and organization skills, including the ability to prepare schedules and communicate status of overall development effort.
- Ability to work independently and act professionally at all times.
- Adaptable to teamwork and dynamic work environment.
Process Specific Knowledge:
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Business Solutions Discovery
- Data Modelling and Normalization
- Agile/Scrum Methodology
Tools Specific Knowledge:
Intermediate to Advance Expertise on any of the following BI Tools:
- Power BI
- Intermediate Qlik Management Consoles / Power BI Workspace Management
- Familiarity with Tableau
- Intermediate MS Excel
- Familiarity with NPrinting or MS Reports Builder
Basic to Intermediate Expertise on the following relational databases:
- MS SQL
- MS Access
- Enterprise Data Lake
- Familiarity with MS Power Applications
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and education savings plans. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact