Sourcing Manager - Market Data, Research & Index
We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
The Market Data Strategic Sourcing Manager reports to the Tower Lead and Director of Sourcing and is responsible for the end-to-end execution of the sourcing process for large complex sourcing. The incumbent oversees sourcing strategy development, supplier selection and contract negotiations consistent with an overall Sourcing strategy and business unit objectives. It is expected that the individual will be an experience Market Data professional with extensive experience and expertise in this category.
- Lead negotiation for medium to high value/complexity Market Data sourcing projects
- Generate and leverage market and supplier intelligence and data for development of sourcing and negotiation strategies.
- Work with business partners to collect and finalize requirements necessary to evaluate and select suppliers
- Execute end-to-end onboarding of new supplier and renewal projects, with consultative support, as required, from legal, privacy, tax, and risk.
- Interface directly with business partners and vendor/contract managers
- Influence requirements from business partners necessary to evaluate and select suppliers
- Conduct baseline and market analysis, develop sourcing strategy and conduct contract negotiations
- Create category strategy and negotiations strategy and Proven experience in delivering large savings and value in a procurement function
- Solid Market Data experience is a requirement for this role
- Experience with Market Data vendors such as Moodys, Charles River, Bloomberg, Factset, Morningstar, Blackrock, MSCI, ICE, HIS Markit, will be considered an asset
- Experience in the following Market Data categories:
- Platforms and Terminals - platforms and terminals for trading, formulating portfolio and investment strategies and risk modelling across all asset classes including fixed income and equities. Primary functionality of these platforms are trading, charting, news, fundamental analysis, portfolio, and risk modelling, and almost all platforms feed data into multiple downstream applications for compliance, reporting and other back-office functions.
- Index Data - portfolio of investment holdings and calculations
- Ratings Data – ratings on stocks, municipal or corporate bond or private assets from a return, and risk
- Reference Data - counterparty and security identifiers used when making a trade; reference data is used to complete financial transactions or reporting purposes
- Research - key research companies which provide macroeconomic, political and investment intelligence
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- In-depth experience and expertise with supplier contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal and business risk
- Solid analytical skills and strategic thinker – thinks conceptually beyond day-to-day business realities; creates a clear vision and goals and adopts a long-term perspective; anticipates emerging issues.
- Team builder – builds strategic partnerships with internal clients and vendors; builds buy-in and engagement with key stakeholders.
- Skilled communicator – communicates complexity with clarity and ease; articulates a clear view of concepts, ideas, and objectives; able to interface with different stakeholders at all levels; represents the company externally with confidence; skilled in both oral and written communication.
- Collaborator – shares resources and leverages knowledge across the organization; builds and nurtures an extensive network.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact
Salary & Benefits
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
Salary range is expected to be between$82,500.00 CAD - $148,500.00 CAD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact email@example.com for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in Canada includes holidays, vacation, personal, and sick days, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence. If you are applying for this role in the U.S., please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about U.S.-specific paid time off provisions.