Salesforce Full-Stack Engineer
We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
Responsible for supporting, developing and enhancing Salesforce applications during development and enhancement projects related to support of Salesforce.com CRM platform. Duties include:
- Use Salesforce functionalities and external tools to implement changes and new features;
- Work with business teams to groom stories and consult with product owners on business requirements;
- Assist with design, development and testing of new Salesforce solutions and bug fixes;
- Promote Agile principles and methodology and follow various engineering practices and approaches;
- Participate in continuous delivery, optimization, monitoring, release management and support of end-to-end release process;
- Evaluate new Salesforce releases and applications, participate in implementation plans; and remain current on Salesforce administration best practices;
- Collaborate with system administrators, consultants, other engineers and analysts to uncover pain points with processes and identify optimization opportunities;
- Prototype and pilot new tools and features for faster delivery with less manual intervention;
- Develop clean, maintainable and readable code that is scalable and secure; and participate in design and code reviews;
- Design and develop pages, templates and components to build desired user experience as communicated by product owners; and
- Resolve issues surrounding performance, response times, capacity and system limitations.
May telecommute from location within the Metropolitan Boston, MA area.
Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer science, Management Information Systems, or related field and 3 years of experience in an information technology position.
Experience must include:
- 3 years of experience developing and enhancing existing Salesforce implementations via native metadata configuration and custom development using Apex and Visualforce;
- 1 year of experience developing and enhancing existing Salesforce implementations via native metadata configuration and custom development using Lightning Aura and Lightning web components;
- 3 years of Salesforce Administration experience using Data Loader, Salesforce Inspector; or Workbench;
- 2 years of Salesforce Development experience using Data Loader, Salesforce Inspector; or Workbench;
- 3 years of Salesforce Release Engineering experience using Data Loader, Salesforce Inspector; or Workbench;
- 3 years of experience maintaining CI/CD tools including Copado to keep Git branches and Salesforce sandboxes in sync;
- 3 years of experience maintaining Lean documentation throughout development process;
- 3 years of experience participating in Agile ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Retrospective, Reviews);
- 3 years of experience with continuous delivery, optimization, monitoring, release management and support of end-to-end release process.
Experience may be gained concurrently.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact
Salary & Benefits
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
Primary LocationBoston, Massachusetts
Salary range is expected to be between$99,470.00 USD - $184,730.00 USD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife/John Hancock offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension/401(k) savings plans and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in the U.S. includes up to 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days, 150 hours of vacation, and 40 hours of sick time (or more where required by law) each year, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence.