We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
Accountable to provide advanced administrative support to two North American teams, the Natural Resources & Sustainable Solutions team (12 team members) and Financial Institutions team (11 team members). Members of these teams are based both in Boston and Toronto. This is a hybrid role, with the candidate expected to be in office Mon-Wed with the ability to work from home Thursday-Friday.
- Make travel arrangements for team members and process related expenses report.
- Track expenses and invoices and ensure payments are coded to the appropriate account. Report on variances and research discrepancies.
- Process and assist in submitting Annual Reviews, Sector Reviews, and purchase reports with approving parties. Forward any rating changes or follow up received back appropriately so that internal systems are updated.
- Review Annual Review (AR) Late List and alert team to any late or soon-to-be-late ARs.
- Process and track appropriate anti-money laundering (AML) checks & “know your customer” (KYC) questionnaires in support of analysts.
- Manage the teams’ quarterly Loan Review package preparation process. Create Loan Review pdf and upload to shared drive.
- Track and maintain spreadsheets for bond purchase activities and rating changes.
- Manage incoming compliance reporting as well as external outreach on overdue documents as needed/required.
- Assist with compiling and reconciling a variety of ad-hoc team or internal portfolio requests.
- Electronically save and maintain all required name/deal documents & emails on the T drive. Set up and maintain hard copy filing system as required, including confidential data, and ensure records are accurate and up to date.
- Manage and execute on team needs related departmental library filing system project.
- Process and track accounts payable/receivables related to legacy energy investments.
- Responsible for duties related to onboarding and offboarding of team members.
- Arrange meeting room and refreshments for large and small meetings with internal or external parties as needed.
- Organize and attend internal meetings such as weekly team and department meetings staff. Coordinate follow-up actions if any.
- Other duties may include: space planning (new associates), record keeping, phone listings, distribution lists, updating shared folders, maintaining office supplies, and invoice and purchasing activity.
- Produce reports, letters, graphics and other documents and handle correspondence as directed in line with Company’s policies and procedures. Assemble information for use in reports and meetings. Utilize software/specialized department software to generate reports.
- Independently respond to questions and situations which arise during Manager's absence using discretion and judgement based on knowledge of team’s activities.
- Handle administrative projects as assigned by management and ensure the accurate and timely completion of tasks. Projects assigned may include research, correspondence or other work of the team. Make recommendations regarding change and solutions to issues or problems.
- May participate in broader department projects as required and other duties as assigned. Maintain Wall Street Journal subscription list for North American Corporate Finance department.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What we are looking for
- Associate degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years experience
- Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to gather and consolidate data from various sources
- Excellent design and presentation preparation skills
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and the ability to handle confidential information
- Typing and proficiency in Windows based computer applications (Microsoft Office) and the operation of office equipment
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact
Salary & Benefits
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
Primary LocationBoston, Massachusetts
Salary range is expected to be between$42,750.00 USD - $71,250.00 USD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife/John Hancock offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension/401(k) savings plans and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in the U.S. includes up to 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days, 150 hours of vacation, and 40 hours of sick time (or more where required by law) each year, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence.