Director, John Hancock Investment Management Compliance
We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
The Director, US Investment Management Compliance provides compliance support and recommendations on strategic product initiatives for John Hancock (JH) Investment Management and lead all aspects of the implementation of new regulatory requirements that effect the Funds and Adviser. The role also supports the overall compliance programs for the John Hancock CCO’s Office and facilitates comprehensive reports to the JH Funds’ independent board of trustees.
- Provide support and recommendations on product development and other central initiatives for John Hancock Investment Management
- Collaborate with the local business functions to implement regulatory requirement changes into end-to-end processes, policies and controls
- Provide quarterly reporting to the independent board of trustees
- Educate leadership team on risk and controls related to key processes and changes
- Partner with Risk to accurately manage and close corrective action plans
- General compliance program support
What motivates you?
- Obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- Think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use agile approaches and enable business outcomes.
- Thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- Take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- Do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- Share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Leadership ability, people development and motivational skills
- Ability to work independently and in group settings
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results oriented; ability to balance multiple priorities and projects
- Successful in building professional relationships with management/business partners
- Kowledge of the 1940 Act registered products and compliance practices
- Extensive Knowledge of the US investment/securities industry, products and standard processes
What can we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging pursuit of passions and learning new skills!
- A focus on growing career pathways.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
- Values-first culture!
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We build opportunities to learn and grow at every career stage.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive environment where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all partners and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact
Salary & Benefits
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
Primary LocationBoston, Massachusetts
Salary range is expected to be between$111,900.00 USD - $201,420.00 USD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife/John Hancock offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension/401(k) savings plans and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in the U.S. includes up to 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days, 150 hours of vacation, and 40 hours of sick time (or more where required by law) each year, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence.