We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
Within the John Hancock Insurance Sales and Distribution team, we are responsible for meeting the needs of our internal and external clients and leveraging opportunities to share the John Hancock story for education, activation, or incentive purposes. Our Meeting and Event Management team is responsible for providing extensive knowledge and expertise specializing in the design, planning, administration and implementation of meetings, conferences, and special events for John Hancock Insurance. Part of the Sales and Distribution team, the group is responsible for meetings and events supporting our insurance business.
The group works in a fast-paced environment and responds to business-driven deadlines.
The Event Specialist, reporting to the Director, Meeting and Events is responsible for all aspects of the on-going management and execution of Tickets and leveraging Speaker/Representative/Partnership relations for business building opportunities as well as supporting the Meeting and Event Management team as needed. This position provides administration support services for meetings, tickets and special events as required including on site coordination, when necessary, budget tracking, event registration, external vendor management and coordination.
- Make recommendation to leadership regarding yearly and seasonal allocation of all US tickets, inclusive of development, percentage determination and approval by senior leadership.
- Work with Distribution Leadership on ticketing contract assessments and renewals / recommendations for senior leaders
- Daily management of US ticket program (Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins, Celtics, Concerts, Special Events) - this includes working with Director, Meetings and Events and Distribution Leadership to determine attendees, communicate with attendees, allocate and deliver tickets to attendees, manage Cvent registration, execution of travel arrangements, hotels, ground transportation, food, and beverage, etc. if required.
- Oversight of measurement/tracking program for US ticket program for US Insurance, US GWAM and General Account – provide tracking across all business units for FINRA representatives.
- Management and communication with Distribution Leadership Team daily and outside of traditional business hours to fill seats at games/events. This individual is responsible for all aspects of ticket allocation, identification of attendees, ticket delivery, follow up etc.
- Daily management of US Insurance ticket allocation, inclusive of client relationships and communication – including keeping Distribution Leadership aware of who has attended what event, their guests etc. All attendees to be tagged in Salesforce.
- Daily maintenance of venue contacts and contracts, inclusive of payments, billing, relationship management and chargebacks – providing an expense overview for each event on a regular basis.
- Partner with Distribution Leadership Team to source, assess and value signature partnerships with organizations/platform speakers aligned with both our Sales Goals and our Global Impact Agenda when appropriate. This includes exploratory research, budgeting, procurement, and communications with leadership.
- Provide administrative and creative support for all activities related to all speakers and any special partnerships.
- Maintain relationships with speakers’ bureaus and activation agencies, sports publications, and athlete representatives to ensure ease of working relationships and best prices and opportunities for our brand and business.
- Support event planning / meeting management team on other Insurance Distribution events as assigned.
- Preparation of attendee information kits including business agenda, transportation details, name badge and relevant materials.
- Manage asks from senior leadership for access to sporting events, concerts, and any events at partner properties.
- Prepare exhibitor booths and materials for industry meetings and conferences
Qualifications for the role:
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in various markets and stages of development in a fast-paced environment
- Experience assessing, executing, and optimizing partnerships and in-person events
- Discretion and confidentiality when dealing with senior leadership requests and needs
- Dedication to customer service and professionalism in all interactions, both internally and externally
- Commitment to Manulife / John Hancock tenant of “Easier. Better. Faster.” in all meetings and events
- Understanding and embracing of our company values throughout all stages of event management and support, engaging with colleagues and creating partnerships
- Experience with Cvent preferred
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, MS Forms. Ability to learn new technology and applications.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organization, communication and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure during “peak periods”
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible and move from one priority to another while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Role may require limited travel.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact
Salary & Benefits
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
Primary LocationBoston, Massachusetts
Salary range is expected to be between$58,875.00 USD - $98,125.00 USD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact email@example.com for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife/John Hancock offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension/401(k) savings plans and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in the U.S. includes up to 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days, 150 hours of vacation, and 40 hours of sick time (or more where required by law) each year, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence.