Client Portfolio Analyst, Fixed Income
We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
The Client Portfolio Analyst (“CPA”) is responsible for completing a variety of analyses and creating reports on a monthly and quarterly basis. This position works within the designated Client Portfolio Managers (“CPM”) assisting any of their data and reporting needs. Analysis and content developed by the CPA supports the firm’s efforts to provide outstanding client service and to gather and retain assets. The CPA must continuously grow and adapt to changing demands and a wide range of requests for support as markets, strategy lifecycles and performance cycles change. The CPA must excel at working independently while collaborating with many groups across the enterprise.
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets attribution and positioning data and creates custom analyses and reports tailored to specific strategies and clients.
- Works with Relationship Management/Client Service to respond to client information requests on various topics.
- Supports the completion of monthly and quarterly client reporting. This includes writing strategy commentaries, validating portfolio characteristics and performance and ensures that all reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Support Fixed Income CPMs and portfolio managers in response to internal distribution and client inquiries, including ad hoc and follow-up to prospect, client, and consultant questions.
- Compiles analysis or data points for client meetings as requested by the CPM. This may comprise writing specific holding descriptions or more detailed information on portfolio positioning.
- Work closely with CPMs in the content creation process including custom presentations, exhibits and analysis (e.g. sales kits, market outlook slides, new product collateral, etc.) used by CPMs, PMs and other stakeholders (sales, product, marketing teams).
- Remains knowledgeable about current market and industry news as well as important announcements and events related to top strategy holdings and portfolio positioning.
- Strives to improve investment knowledge by conducting research and reading articles.
- Fosters and develops relationships with other departments.
- Key functional back-up of CPMs on all client servicing/reporting activities
- Develop and maintain knowledge on markets, portfolios, portfolio manager thinking and positioning, benchmarks, and peers.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or a related field
- 3 years of related investment work experience
- Investment knowledge within applicable asset class preferred
- Progress toward CFA/CAIA accreditations preferred
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, responsible, organized, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with experience in communicating investment matters
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with CPMs and Portfolio Managers
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com.
Salary & Benefits
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
Primary LocationBoston, Massachusetts
Salary range is expected to be between$74,000.00 USD - $124,000.00 USD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife/John Hancock offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension/401(k) savings plans and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in the U.S. includes up to 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days, 150 hours of vacation, and 40 hours of sick time (or more where required by law) each year, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence.