Business Banking Sr. Relationship Manager/Danvers, MA
Responsible for an assigned portfolio of loan and deposit relationships with small business clients. Solicit new business, manage risk and credit decisions, and service existing clients through the bank’s relationship management program. Work with branch partners to effectively sell to the business customer and cross sell other bank products.
- Develop new banking relationships with business prospects.
- Service existing business banking client base.
- Achieve established goals as outlined by manager.
- Work with branch partners to maximize sales efforts to business customers and cross sell other products and services that the bank offers.
- Network with centers of influence to develop business including accountants, attorneys and other referral sources.
- Manage the segment’s more complicated and important loan relationships.
- Evaluate credit information and requests and recommend appropriate loan structure to manage risk.
- Effectively negotiate with underwriters and clients to maximize revenue and minimize risk.
- Achieve sales goals with minimum expectations as follows:
- Revenue of $300M to $500M.
- Loan production of $7.5MM to $12MM.
- Deposit balance production of $750M to $2.5MM.
- Manage loan portfolio of $15MM to $40MM.
- Oversee approximately 30 to 65 relationship managed clients.
- Actively participate in all business banking and retail sales sprints.
- Achieve call targets and other product sales goals such cash management, visa merchant, and others as assigned.
- Participate in civic and cultural organizations and programs.
- Utilize prescribed selling techniques to maximize sales opportunities.
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Ability to sell effectively to prospects and clients. Manage and retain existing clients.
Work closely with internal contacts to service clients. Works under moderate supervision.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
May or may not have supervisory or mentoring responsibilities.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of relevant work experience
5 plus years experience.
Knowledge of personal computers and the software utilized by the department
Ability to read and analyze financial statements and tax returns.
Strong credit skills necessary to evaluate loan requests.
Good understanding of Cash Management, Merchant Service, Trade Services products offered to Business Banking customers and ability to identify sales opportunities for those product sets.
Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required.
#LI-business development officer
#LI-small business banking relationship manager
#LI-business banking relationship manager
#LI-business banking senior relationship managerM&T Bank is committed to fair, competitive, and market-informed pay for our employees. The pay range for this position is $104,520.93 - $174,201.56 Annual (USD). The successful candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, and experience will inform their specific compensation.