Senior Field Examiner- New England
Performs complex field examinations of clients and prospective clients to provide the Bank with a first level of risk management by determining collateral adequacy, identifying operational issues and making recommendations to improve the Bank’s collateral position and by working closely with Credit Quality Assurance and other Credit areas. Oversees the completion of the exam by providing leadership and coaching to the exam team.
- Conduct on-site pre-loan field exams, assess quality of collateral monitoring, and perform operational and troubled loan examinations.
- Conduct on-site investigations of internal controls.
- Evaluate accounting systems and controls.
- Evaluate various assets as collateral for loans.
- Determine the quality and validity of accounts receivable, inventories and all other general ledger accounts.
- Formulate meaningful recommendations to improve credit and collateral quality to help the Bank make sound lending decisions.
- Communicate the results of the field exam in the field exam form to a vast array of readers so readers understand the risks in these loans.
- Responsible for the coordination of the exam team and oversight of timely completion.
- Will work in conjunction with the Regional Manager and lead projects throughout the year to improve the quality of the Field Examination Form and processes.
- Assist in identifying and providing various reporting requirements. Train and coach junior examiners.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
1 year Leadership, Coaching, Mentoring of junior staff.
Education and Experience Required:
4 years of field exam experience, work leadership experience.M&T Bank is committed to fair, competitive, and market-informed pay for our employees. The pay range for this position is $76,878.11 - $128,130.18 Annual (USD). The successful candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, and experience will inform their specific compensation.