Commercial Relationship Manager, Fund Banking
Responsible for managing an assigned portfolio of Fund Banking loan and/or deposit relationships with private capital firms. Partners with Senior Relationship Managers to solicit new business through direct marketing and other sources, and provides support for large relationships.
- Services Fund Banking clients through proactive outreach and timely response to inquiries.
- Maximizes profitability through the maintenance of a high-quality loan portfolio with appropriate pricing.
- Partners with Underwriters and Portfolio Managers to structure and document new loans, monitor loans, ensure conformity with terms, and complete scheduled reviews.
- Supports Senior Relationship Managers in building deep relationships with top-tier clients.
- Participates in a formal call program to develop new loan, deposit and fee-based business, including cross-sell with Treasury Management, Debt Capital Markets, Wilmington Trust and Foreign Exchange.
- Follows market trends and developments to increase the Bank's business in established and developing markets, and sector knowledge.
- Represents the Bank in civic and community activities.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Services customers seeking loan and/or deposit relationships. Works closely with internal contacts to service clients.
Manage and retain existing clients.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelors Degree or four years relevant experience.
Five to seven years credit experience, sales preferred.
Financial analysis and knowledge of credit principals.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of personnel using diplomacy.
Ability to sell effectively to prospects and clients.
Excellent presentation skills.
Education and Experience Preferred:
General knowledge of banking and the Bank’s various commercial fee based products.
Applied knowledge of Bank policies and procedures.
#LI-LP1M&T Bank is committed to fair, competitive, and market-informed pay for our employees. The pay range for this position is $110,221.65 - $183,702.75 Annual (USD). The successful candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, and experience will inform their specific compensation.