Commercial Payments Regional Sales Manager
Responsible for assigned markets that span multiple businesses and product lines. Drives Treasury Management, Commercial Card and Merchant Services sales results through effective sales management routines and strong partnerships with SBU s supported. Manages group of consultants. May lead projects within division and bank-wide.
- Provide ongoing support to sales representatives with issues in sales management.
- Develop individual performance plans for team members and review progress on a monthly basis to ensure individual success.
- Work with sales representatives, line and product management to set goals.
- Discuss strategies, progress and results in order to achieve both sales and regional goals.
- Develop and execute strategic business plans, sales campaigns and RFP involvement for target clients and prospects.
- Manage FTE resources strategically and against regional opportunities.
- Provide day-to-day pipeline management for sales representatives including guidance on pricing, proposals, selling techniques and skills.
- Responsible for administrative duties including fee waivers, pricing, proposal review, T&E approval, goal establishment and incentive pay coordination.
- Decision fee waivers and other pricing considerations.
- Required participation in divisional and bankwide cross functional committees. Expectation of a leadership role for divisional committees, opportunity for leadership role in bank wide committees.
- Coordinate department projects including annual sales conference, assist in new product development and merger activities.
- Provide direct support to Regional SBU managers, Business Banking Market Managers, and Regional Presidents.
- Manage within a prescribed expense budget.
- Work in conjunction with the Bank s Product Management and Commercial Marketing groups to identify potential product development needs, share competitive information and position treasury management sales strategies and marketing materials.
- Exercise usual managerial authority with respect to staffing, performance management, employee development, salary recommendations and terminations.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Up to 10 direct reports
Education and Experience Required:
OR in lieu of degree, 7 years relevant work experience in lieu of degree
7+ years treasury management sales experience.
Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
Education and Experience Preferred:
CTP-Certified Treasury Professional preferred.M&T Bank is committed to fair, competitive, and market-informed pay for our employees. The pay range for this position is $154,051.53 - $256,752.56 Annual (USD). The successful candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, and experience will inform their specific compensation.