Business Banking Market Manager
Lead, coach and develop a team of regional managers, team leaders and relationship managers to generate new profitable business relationships (<$10MM in revenue) that operate within the community and assigned branch network, leverage an assigned portfolio of loan and deposit clients; manage risk and credit decisions, and service existing clients through the bank's relationship management program.
- Achieve established goals, SBU targets and annual performance objectives in support of divisional priorities as outlined by manager by driving prescribed sales & relationship development process.
- Maximize the division’s profitability through the maintenance of a high quality loan portfolio and relationship-managed clients.
- Ensure the team appropriately manages credit portfolio to ensure conformity with terms; maintain current and complete credit file and adhere to credit policy requirements.
- Ensure credit information and requests are evaluated and appropriate loan structure recommended to manage risk.
- Ensure operational excellence, loss mitigation and reduced fraud risk through awareness, escalation and preventative measures. In collaboration with partners, support a culture of compliance and risk awareness that protects our customers and the bank.
- Network with centers of influence to develop business including accountants, attorneys and other referral sources.
- Participate in civic and cultural organizations and programs within the community and follow market trends and developments to increase the bank’s business in the assigned marketplace.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Through partnership collaboration, bring the full capability of M&T Bank to our customers, fulfilling a broad set of needs. Work with retail partners to maximize sales efforts to business customers and cross sell other products and services that the bank offers. Ensure the team supports the branch partnership as the business banking subject matter expert in their business selling and retention efforts including active participation in any business banking and retail sales initiatives.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Manage a group of 2-8 Business Banking Regional Managers.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 12 years’ relevant experience, inclusive of 4 years supervisory experience or in lieu of a degree, a combined 16 years of higher education and/or experience, including a minimum of 12 years’ relevant experience, inclusive of 4 years supervisory experience.
Analytical and organizational skills and ability to work effectively with affluent clients. Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively with affluent clients.
Sales-oriented and proven track record of sales achievement. Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Relationship Management skills.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Master’s degree.M&T Bank is committed to fair, competitive, and market-informed pay for our employees. The pay range for this position is $173,245.59 - $321,741.81 Annual (USD). The successful candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, and experience will inform their specific compensation.