Wealth Advisor Team Lead
This position serves in a player/coach capacity with responsibility as a manager to a team of Wealth Advisors and for being a Wealth Advisor. Leads, hires, coaches and develops assigned team. Works closely with senior management in managing the team.
- Lead a team of Wealth Advisors to meet established objectives.
- Oversee Wealth Advisor pipelines, sales and activities, inclusive of client, prospect, COI (center of influence), pre and post-calls, relationship reviews and sales coaching and team sales coaching programs to ensure goals are met.
- Oversee Wealth Advisor management of the client team to ensure they deliver a client experience aligned with our Wealth Advisor-led, team-based, operating model that delivers integrated, holistic wealth management advice to current and prospective clients.
- Manage and participate in deepening existing client relationships, driving new client relationships and ensuring these relationships utilize multiple Wealth Advisory solutions, including planning, fiduciary, investments, private banking, brokerage and insurance to support growth strategies.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of Wealth Advisor talent to support continued growth of the business.
- Work closely with management to ensure Client Service and Wealth Advisor staff have an effective client service and sales enablement partnership and deliver an excellent client experience.
- Drive individual production as a Wealth Advisor.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
This position provides leadership and oversight of a Wealth Advisor sales team within a specific region. Assisting the Market Leader in developing and implementing talented Wealth Advisor teams, sales strategies and delivering results on the strategy are key components of the job.
Manager a staff ranging from 4 - 8
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 9 years’ relevant experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 13 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 9 years’ relevant experience
Minimum of 3 years’ managerial, supervisory and/or work leadership experience
Experience selling effectively to current and prospective clients
Knowledge of wealth management and industry product offerings
Excellent communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent presentation skills
Strong analytical skills
Strong decision-making skills
Strong strategic planning skills
Proficiency with personal computers and relevant software packages
Education and Experience Preferred:
MBA (Master’s degree in Business Administration)
Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Certified Trust & Financial Advisor (CTFA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification
Demonstrated in-depth wealth management product knowledge
Excellent sales skills
Excellent relationship management skills
Prior trust planning, fiduciary, private banking and/or investment experience