Job title: Partnerships Associate 2 OPEN ROLES
Location/Program: Boston, MA; Hybrid role with two days in the office plus additional to attend and support events and meetings
Manager name & job title: Will Magruder, VP, Partnerships
MassChallenge is looking for a Partnerships Associate who will support the MassChallenge Partnerships team in delivering a high-quality experience to our partners and assist with revenue expansion efforts. Reporting to the VP, Partnerships, the Partnerships Associate will have goals related to creating efficient work processes, managing partner deliverables, on-boarding new partners, and facilitating external communications.
To be successful in this role you must be willing to take responsibility for driving various tasks to completion. A successful candidate will bring a dynamic style and strategic approach to developing internal work processes and servicing external relationships. You will also be passionate about enabling the success of startups through helping our enterprise partners achieve their own business goals. You will have the opportunity to regularly interact with startups and alumni to help create value for our partners in the community.
What You’ll Do
Partnership Operations and Accelerator Activity
- You will be assigned to serve as the primary MassChallenge liaison for certain revenue generating partnership relationships.
- Track progress against specific activities and goals as defined within the statement of work for each partner.
- Ensure your assigned partners are taking advantage to every opportunity to engage with the community at various events organized by MassChallenge
- Assist other internal MassChallenge teams in the execution of judging, curriculum delivery, office hours, mentor matching, marketing, and community engagement events.
- Support partnership renewals, including scope definition, goal setting and contract development.
- Learn how to design accelerator program activities to create opportunities for startups to better collaborate with innovation minded enterprises.
- Contribute directly to account management activities for partners that require heavy logistical support.
- Create a service-oriented culture where we consistently set proper expectations and flawlessly deliver for our corporate partners.
- Develop long-term, strategic business relationships with partners, with an eye towards trends and changes in the world of entrepreneurship and ways we can bring this information to our partners.
- Assist with strategic planning activities and business development efforts by collecting and maintaining data in salesforce
- You have 1– 2 years of work experience or interest in account management, sales, or operations.
- You are a relationship builder and enjoy making and maintaining connections with people.
- You are exceptionally organized, obsessed with details and have strong project management experience.
- You are motivated by finding the sweet spot between business and people.
- You have a customer service mindset and reputation for going above and beyond to help your customers.
- You bring equal enthusiasm for both day-to-day executional tasks and bigger picture projects and are eager to add value to everything you do at work.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- You are resourceful, a creative problem solver, and an analytical thinker.
- You are tech savvy and are quick to learn new technology and systems (we use Asana and Salesforce).
- You can multi-task and juggle multiple projects at one time.
Who We Are
MassChallenge is the global network for innovators who are working to solve massive challenges. We connect startups, experts, corporations, and communities to grow and transform businesses and economies. At MassChallenge we:
- Help entrepreneurs build the next generation of transformational businesses by connecting them with the resources, partnerships, and communities that help them launch, grow, and scale their startups.
- Help our partners build, grow, and evolve their corporate innovation practices.
- Leverage the power of entrepreneurship to strengthen global innovation ecosystems.
Why You Should Join Us
We believe working at MassChallenge is fulfilling because of the mission, challenging because of the pace and work, and rewarding because you get to build to the next step in your career here. When you join MassChallenge you join an incredible team and network of innovators and entrepreneurs, you take ownership over significant and strategically important projects, you focus on impact and output, and you help strengthen the global innovation ecosystem.
Our Core Values:
- Founder Mindset: Optimism, Tenacity, Love the Problem
- Connect & Collaborate: Empathy & Inclusion & Fun, Build Community, Connect the Dots
- Progress over Perfection: Build on experience, Fail Fast, Demonstrate Traction
- $60,000 base
- MassChallenge offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a supportive working environment.
- Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with skills and experience.
- Internal equity considerations and the average salary of the peer range will be reviewed before making a final offer.
MassChallenge is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek individuals from a broad variety of backgrounds with varying levels of experience who have a desire to do meaningful work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, color, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.