Sales Illustration Project Manager
Technical Project ManagerSpringfield, Massachusetts Project Management Job ID R14164
MassMutual’s Life Platform Technology organization is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager to join a new and growing organization. In this role, you will be responsible for all facets of project management related to the delivery of technical solutions for Sales Illustrations. You may also oversee a portfolio of projects in the same space.
The Sales Illustrations team within the Life Platform Technology organization is a cross functional team of technology professionals including project managers, business analysts, developers, and testers across 3 global locations. The team delivers illustration solutions for new products and enhancements for 3 product lines: Life, DI and Annuity. We have a strong focus on delivering with quality to ensure a great experience for our financial advisors and customers.
The Impact (Responsibilities):
The Sales Illustration Project Manager is an integral member of the team, driving work across our portfolio and lines of business. This includes maintaining relationships with multiple business leads as well as with multiple technology vendors. Individuals in this role will work closely with the team, our business partners, and vendors to drive the work as it aligns to our newly defined strategies. The individual in this role will be expected to:
- Be accountable to business sponsors and management to drive delivery of quality solutions tied to clearly understood business problems and benefits. This includes holding yourself and the project team accountable for delivering objectives on time and with quality, with an eye on scope and budget.
- Gain recognition as a trusted advisor and leader with our customers and stakeholders at all levels of the organization across business and IT. This can include providing input into and/or influence business strategies and direction that determine and shape projects.
- Work independently and with management on highly visible, complex projects. This includes developing, monitoring, and reporting on all project/program tasks and deliverables; actively managing the resource plan; and tightly managing the project budget, approved funding, forecasts and actuals.
- Remove barriers to enable project team to complete objectives no matter how difficult. Drive and influence decisions while also assessing risk and impact. Effectively negotiate priorities and solutions.
- 8+ years of project or program management experience
- 2+ years of Agile delivery experience
- Required to work from the Springfield office on a hybrid schedule.
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- 10+ years of project management experience
- 5+ years of Agile delivery experience
- Significant technical or insurance product background
- Experience managing vendor delivery and vendor relationships
- Strong financial management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Bachelors’ degree and/or PMP Certification
- Experience with Sales Illustrations for multiple lines of business
- Comfortable working in ambiguity, capable of establishing and growing functions and teams from the ground up
- An action-oriented, driven, entrepreneurial mindset
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.