Analyst Intern, immerse - Summer 2024
Analyst Intern, immerse - Summer 2024Boston, Massachusetts General Job ID R14049
Analyst Intern, immerse - Summer 2024
Strategy, Corporate Development and Consumer & Market Insights Group
immerse is a rotational experience based out of MassMutual’s Boston office, open to candidates interested in building a strong foundation across three interrelated disciplines with flexibility to pursue a range of compelling future leadership opportunities.
This market-leading financial services company is seeking an analyst intern for a developmental experience called “immerse,” a unique opportunity across MassMutual’s Strategy, Corporate Development and Consumer & Market Insights functions. This role offers tightly sequenced exposure to work done across strategy consultancies, investment banks, and bespoke research agencies. Leadership consists of high-caliber professionals from management consulting and investment banking backgrounds with deep functional expertise. Leaders mentor analysts in an apprenticeship setting. immerse aims to transform bright, enterprising graduates into confident, dynamic professionals with strong foundations in structured thinking, problem-solving, quantitative, and qualitative analysis. Analysts will build expertise across a wide and deep range of topics that are transferable across career paths and leadership roles.
High performing immerse analyst interns may be considered for a full-time immerse analyst role. After an initial two years, full-time immerse participants should expect to transition to new roles. Pathways may include retention within the Strategy, Corporate Development & Insights group (contingent on exceptional performance), MassMutual positions outside the group (e.g., divisional or operational roles), or positions outside MassMutual (e.g., finance, technology, graduate school).
Learn more about the opportunity at our website: immerse.massmutual.com.
- Brainstorm with team-members to break down complex, unstructured problems into sizeable and logical “working assertions”
- Structure and communicate points of view to prove or disprove working assertions, making use of best practices in competitive, industry, and consumer research
- Analyze data and interpret trends; build quantitative, financial models to value assets and evaluate business plans; evaluate large, proprietary datasets to uncover actionable insights
- Build client relationships through interactions across the business; participate and actively capture takeaways from executive meetings and develop compelling presentation skills
- Bean energetic member of the team and takeownership of team morale and culture; proactively highlight ways to improve the experience for yourself and other members of team; lead by example
The Minimum Qualifications
- Evidence of quantitative skillset through course selection or certifications
The Ideal Qualifications
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5
- Creative, high-energy problem solving with strong reasoning and quantitative skills
- Highest standards of integrity and ability to put the team ahead of one’s self
- Ambition for a successful career supported by grit, determination, & hard-work
- Strong academic achievements complemented by extracurricular, team achievements showcasing leadership responsibilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- $32.00/hr USD
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with your team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, Veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.