Data EngineerBoston, Massachusetts Business Analysis Job ID R13990
At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers. To help us achieve our mission, we are looking to hire data engineers for our Data Management and Engineering team.
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal Data Engineer is someone who is passionate about data.
You enjoy building data projects from the ground up and are equally comfortable working with business
partners to understand requirements as you are developing and delivering robust solutions that meet the highest standards.
Learning new technologies and working in the cloud excite you.
You are team oriented and a strong communicator.
Objectives of the role
• Design, build and maintain complex ELT jobs that deliver business value
• Translate high-level business requirements into technical specs
• Ingest data from disparate sources into the data lake and data warehouse
• Cleanse and enrich data and apply adequate data quality controls
• Provide insight and direction to guide the future development of
• Provide production support to existing data warehouse application and consumers, acting as the onshore point of contact and providing technical leadership to the offshore team. Be willing to be on call and available to work on weekend or off hours for production support.
MassMutual’s data platform
• Develop re-usable tools to help streamline the delivery of new projects
• Collaborate closely with other developers and provide mentorship
• Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, processes and reference
• Work in an Agile development environment, attending daily stand-up meetings and delivering incremental improvements
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related field
• Data: 5+ years of experience with Data warehousing and analytics
• SQL: Strong knowledge of SQL programming and query optimization
• ELT/ETL: Good understanding of ETL/ELT methodologies and tools
• Troubleshooting: Experience with troubleshooting and root cause analysis to determine and remediate potential issues
• Communication: Excellent communication, problem-solving and organizational and analytical skills
• Able to work independently and to provide leadership to small teams of developers.
• Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related field
• Cloud: Experience working in a cloud environment (e.g. AWS)
• Python: Hands on experience developing with Python
• Advanced Data Processing: Experience using data processing technologies such as Apache
• Spark or Kafka
• Workflow: Good knowledge of orchestration and scheduling tools (e.g. Apache Airflow)
• Reporting: Experience with data reporting (e.g. Microstrategy, Tableau, Looker) and data cataloging tools (e.g. Alation)
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.