Eagle DeveloperBoston, Massachusetts Technology Job ID R13827
- Be a strategic thinker who is able to operate across multiple aspects of a development team and execute on various stages of SDLC while driving the delivery of high-quality software in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for implementing strategies that team members use to achieve a goal, delegating tasks based on each member’s strengths and skills and offering the training necessary to complete certain tasks
- Coordinate an agile team that leverages JIRA for backlogs, velocity, sprints, releases, scrums, etc.; this would include scrum master tasks, story grooming, sprint retrospectives, etc.
- Engage in the daily oversight of development, design and planning with engineers and systems analysts.
- Operate effectively across various development streams to support production processes, new development requirements
- Participate in the development of team member onboarding and review.
- Support process improvement initiatives.
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science related major or equivalent
- 8+ years of direct development experience on the Eagle STAR/PACE
- 5+ years of data integration and distribution experience using Informatica ETL
- 5 years proven development experience in diverse and complex technology development teams in the asset management space
- 5+ years of technical lead experience
- Understanding of the investment data domain and the related reporting requirements
- Experience with a range of data mart and reporting solutions by leveraging STAR schema
- Expert in Oracle SQL (19c) (writing queries, complex scripts, extracting data etc.)
- Expert in Excel (pivot Tables, data comparison, data manipulation etc.)
- Ability to handle ambiguity and constantly evolving requirements
- Comfortable taking initiative and working independently but knows when to involve others
- Comfortable working with stakeholders from a wide range of functions and seniority levels
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Familiarity with agile release management processes and experience managing the migration of development components
The Ideal Qualifications
- Advanced Degree is a plus
- 10+ years hands on experience
- 10+ years proven development experience in diverse and complex technology development teams in the asset management space and direct development experience on the Eagle STAR/PACE.
- Experience with Eagle Investment Systems reporting tools is a major plus
- Data Marts
- Eagle canned reports
- Experience with MicroStrategy
- Experience with large scale data management/business intelligence projects including data warehousing solutions
- Understanding of investment operations systems and workflows
- Ability to model database tables and oversee proper design and management.
- Understanding of the full SDLC components and proven ability to work within a SDLC dev team.
- Change management knowledge, including overseeing (and at times driving or leading) complex change initiatives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with project stakeholders from various parts of the overall organization.
- Ability to work independently, handle several projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to apply technical and business knowledge across multiple business functions
- Ability to work in close collaboration with project/program managers, architects, developers, and testers to optimize the quality of the developed product
- Skilled in interacting between internal business partners, internal IT teams, and offshore partners
- Ability to effectively estimate time to complete design and development tasks
- Influence design & architecture inclusive of technical (non-functional) requirements
- Ability to communicate clearly and to simplify complex topics for a wide range of audiences (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work through complex issues, identify themes, and develop solutions, in time-critical situations.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of business processes and functional requirements and skill to be able to translate business requirements into succinct functional / technical specifications, and providing close oversight of specifications
- Ability to quickly learn modern technologies and platforms
- Ability to adhere to project schedules and meet deadlines in the execution of job responsibilities
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.