Head of MMLIS Product Training & Development
As a continued area of focus for MassMutual Financial Advisors (MMFA), the Wealth Management business is growing and expanding our capabilities and platform for our field salesforce of approximately 7,500 advisors who serve retail and group retirement plan clients. The Head of MMLIS Product Training will lead efforts to educate advisors on investment products and advisory programs, lending and banking products, operational processes, new technology, and regulatory requirements.
The Head of MMLIS Product Training is accountable for setting strategic and tactical direction for product and regulatory training of registered representatives, investment adviser representatives, and non-registered associates in the field and home office.
This leader drives the creation and delivery of innovative and highly effective learning solutions that engage, inspire, educate, and develop our MMFA field and home office talent. These learning solutions are delivered primarily through MMLIS Distance Learning, an online proprietary learning management system (LMS). This role manages a team of learning and development consultants and works collaboratively within and across the organization to elevate the overall training discipline.
The Head of Product Training would join our MML Wealth Management Product team with more than $200 billion of client assets under management. That team manages the investment advisory programs and platform as well as the investment products, retail annuities and group retirement offerings available to our approximately 7,500 advisors and registered representatives. The team is comprised of financial service professionals eager to collaborate and take our wealth management solutions to the next level of excellence. The team is uniquely positioned to gain valuable insights from our financial advisor community while at the same time collaborating across our Home Office centers of excellence. Product training is a key function of our digital transformation.
Competencies/Skills/Knowledge needed to be impactful in the role:
• Working knowledge of investment products, the regulatory environment, operational processes for brokerage and advisory business, technology platforms.
• Knowledge of training consulting methodologies and all areas of instructional design using the ADDIE Model (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Evaluation of training).
• Understanding of regulations associated with the sale of investment products and business management practices.
• Strong relationship management skills.
• Strong project management and time management skills.
• Drive innovation and creativity in training delivery methods, curriculum development, design approach. Continuously refresh and modernize training programs.
• Optimize the learning experience with smart investments in technology, software, infrastructure, and people.
• Lead a team of four learning consultants. Coach and mentor staff to ensure training is aligned with business priorities.
• Manage the LMS to deploy training in various formats (eLearning modules, reference materials, videos) and ensure an optimal experience for users of the platform.
• Leverage the LMS to seamlessly connect to external educational sites (e.g., related to complex products including alternatives, structured investments and annuities) for enhanced overall knowledge of the industry and practice management skills.
• Collaborate with business leaders to ensure training delivery plans are aligned with business priorities.
• Work with Corporate Communications in positioning the training within various product initiatives e.g., platform consolidations, new investment products and programs, regulatory changes.
• Manage relationships with external training providers, e.g., Reg Ed, and internal Compliance, Law, and Registration teams.
• Influence senior management on educational strategies/decisions.
• Manage the Training budget.
The Minimum Qualifications
• 10+ years of experience working in the financial services industry with a proven history of curriculum design, development, and delivery.
• Proven success in establishing relationships and fostering collaboration across multiple levels and disciplines.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• FINRA licenses 7 and 24, or willingness to obtain within 6 months of hire.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.