Business Delivery Manager
Business Delivery ManagerSpringfield, Massachusetts Technology Job ID R13853
As the Business Delivery Manager, you will help formulate and define business and/or systems strategy and objectives based on a wide range of business, compliance, and operational factors while keeping in mind our Third-Party Distribution strategy. You will have an excellent understanding of the Third-Party business and procedures with the ability to solve complex problems, considering the business/operations limitations to both internal partners and Third-Party customers. You’ll also consider the business implications of various companywide projects and advocate on behalf of distribution partners to ensure customers’ needs are considered and addressed in all development of strategic development and implementation.
MMSD’s strategy is to aggressively grow top line sales by expanding existing and establishing new partnerships with financial institutions (wire houses, banks, broker-dealers) and making significant investments in technology, sales, operations, marketing, and product development. Our strategy will be driven by dedicated teams across the enterprise where we will prioritize a dynamic, agile, and entrepreneurial culture.
The MMSD Delivery and Program Management team is comprised of Business Delivery Managers and Project Managers that support all product lines for our Third-Party business. Business Acumen, ability to execute, problem solve, negotiate, and build relationships are key attributes of our team members. We are driven by desire to create seamless implementation experiences for our customers as it relates to onboarding new firms and technology delivery. Success is based on collaboration, engagement, mutual respect and commitment to both internal and external partners.
As a Business Delivery Manager, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Advocate and represent Business in development and implementation of key strategic initiatives.
- Lead business analysis across multiple parallel projects.
- Leverage strong technical knowledge of Life/DI and/or Annuity business to represent interests of MMSD.
- Represent and advocate business interests in development of new strategies and initiatives.
- Negotiate and influence requirements to ensure business and customer representation.
- Collaborate with business/technology/operations and compliance partners in development and implementation of all initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and internal supervisory control procedures.
- Demonstrate superior communication skills in engaging with firms and internal senior leaders.
- Identify trends and perform root cause analysis in order to improve Third Party firm/producer experience.
- Consider impacts of all actions, thinking through potential solutions in a strategic manner
The Minimum Qualifications
- 8+ years experience in the Insurance or Third Party/Brokerage business
- 5+ years experience in business consulting or driving key strategic initiatives.
- 3+ years of Third Party experience with firm onboarding and ongoing relationship management
- Bachelor’s degree or HS Diploma with 10+ years’ experience in Insurance or Third Party/Brokerage business.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
The Ideal Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience working on key strategic initiatives for life or annuity products.
- Working knowledge of regulatory and compliance rules that impact our products.
- Subject matter expert in line of business and on current operational structure, as well as all industry standard tools and technology (DTCC, ACORD, iPipeline, COVR, etc.) .
- Utilizes industry knowledge to drive, seek and support continuous improvement.
- Ability to think strategically and effectively execute as well as ability to anticipate change and direct/redirect efforts.
- Excellent technical aptitude
- Excellent innovation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Delivery and Program Management team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms.
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.