Data Management Operations Consultant, Investment Operations
Data Management Operations Consultant, Investment OperationsSpringfield, Massachusetts Customer Service Job ID R14284
Data Management Operations Consultant
Investment Operations Data Management Team
Boston, MA or Springfield, MA
As the Data Management Operations Consultant, you will provide hands on leadership to a team of data management operations analysts that ensure that daily and monthly processes supporting the investment data ecosystem run successfully. In partnership with technology teams, you will be responsible for triaging production support issues assigned to the Data Management team and will identify tactical solutions or work with Data analysts to provide long term solutions. You will monitor data service levels and work with Data Governance team to communicate potential issues to data consumers. Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining software set up or configurations that support new or changing data requirements. The nature of the work will require perseverance, accountability, attention to detail and the ability to react to everchanging business needs.
The Investment Operations Data Management team is part of the MassMutual Investment Operations team within the Investment Management division. The Investment Operations Data Management oversees all securities related data ingested into and extracted from the Investment Data Ecosystem for all assets in MassMutual’s General Investment Account (GIA). The team provides investment data and system subject matter expertise to projects across the organization and works to continuously improve processes impacting data flows. Investment Operations Data Management partners closely with Securities Cash Operations, Investment Controllership teams, Enterprise Risk Management, and others to address and resolve data related issues.
- Act as point of contact for batch related issues assigned to Data Management Operational Support team, understand root cause and identify potential solutions.
- Communicate delays or issues in data in coordination with Data Governance team.
- Understand and manage configurations within the system in support of data changes or new requirements.
- Support any required audit controls as needed.
- Provide guidance on and ensure successful execution of significant transactions within the investment ecosystem.
- Attend daily Issue Working Group meetings as a representative of the Investment Data Management team and take ownership of resolution of items assigned to you.
- Initial point of escalation for Investment Data Integrity team in troubleshooting complex data issues.
- Understanding the impact data changes can have throughout the Investment Ecosystem and communicating changes as necessary.
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
- 5+ years of securities data experience with an understanding of securities life cycle
- 3+ years of leadership role experience
The Ideal Qualifications
- Knowledge of investment data management from ingestion of source data to end user reporting
- Familiarity with GAAP and STAT accounting principles and reporting
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, comfortable interacting with vendors, business partners, external managers and internal Investment and IT
- Ability to work across multiple priorities with limited guidance
- Ability to independently explore solutions to a problem and adapt quickly to changes
- Collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team-based environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related area
- Knowledge of Eagle PACE or like Data Management Tool
- Knowledge of Eagle STAR or like Investment Accounting platform
- Expert user of excel and proficient with SQL/Oracle query tools
- Microstrategy or other reporting tool experience a plus
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Investment Operations Data Management Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.