Investment Data Integrity Specialist
Investment Data Integrity Team
Boston, MA or Springfield, MA
As an Investment Data Integrity Specialist, you will play a critical role in a fast paced, complex, and collaborative environment, where you will apply your investment knowledge and technical skills as member of Investment Data Integrity team. You will provide essential support to the users of the Investment Data Ecosystem including; troubleshooting and resolving issues with Reference Data, monitoring and validation of Critical Data Elements and providing support to the reporting and investment close processes. This role offers the opportunity to partner with teams around the organization to identify and implement process and data improvements. You will understand the importance of Investment Data Quality and look for opportunities to continuously improve processes. The nature of the work will require perseverance, accountability, attention to detail and the ability to react to everchanging business needs.
The Investment Data Integrity team is part of the MassMutual Investment Operations team within the Investment Management division. The Investment Data Quality Team oversees the daily processing of security master, trade, positions, and transactions for all assets in MassMutual’s General Investment Account (GIA) as well as partners closely with Securities Cash Operations, Investment Controllership teams and Enterprise Risk Management to address and resolve data related issues.
- Responsible for monitoring and addressing intake queues to triage and resolve investment data issues in a timely manner
- Understanding the impact data changes can have throughout the Investment Ecosystem and communicating changes as necessary
- Providing support for investment accounting close process and daily issues management meetings, providing expertise and guidance
- Ensure all Critical Data Elements are in good order daily, working with business partners to, track trends, escalate recurring issues and participate in implementation of new data rules
- Support metrics for monthly reporting
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
- 3+ years experience in investment operations or similar role
The Ideal Qualifications
- Understanding of investment operations processes and related data workflows
- Familiarity with investment securities transactions and lifecycle events
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team-based environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related area
- Knowledge of Eagle PACE or like Data Management Tool
- Knowledge of Eagle STAR or like Investment Accounting platform
- Expert user of excel
- Knowledge of SQL/Oracle query tools
- Microstrategy, or other reporting tool experience a plus
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Investment Data Quality Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.