Project ManagerSpringfield, Massachusetts Project Management Job ID R14378
Project Manager is an integral member of the team, driving work across our portfolio and lines of business. This includes maintaining relationships with multiple business leads as well as with multiple technology vendors. Individuals in this role will work closely with the team, our business partners, and vendors to drive the work as it aligns to our newly defined strategies.
The Billing & Collections and the Life Product teams, are two high performing, and collaborative teams. Within this role you will:
-Work with multiple IT and business teams across the organization in multiple time zones
-Gain a holistic understanding of the customer journey while enhancing your leadership abilities
- Driving modernization of Billing and Collections platforms through working closely with Business Analysts to document capabilities and Architects to make sure proper standards are in place
- Collaborate and lead project delivery through strong Stakeholder and vendor relationship management
- Be accountable to business sponsors and management to drive delivery of quality solutions tied to clearly understood business problems and benefits. This includes holding yourself and the project team accountable for delivering objectives on time and with quality, with an eye on scope and budget.
- Gain recognition as a trusted advisor and leader with our customers and stakeholders at all levels of the organization across business and IT. This can include providing input into and/or influence business strategies and direction that determine and shape projects.
- Work independently and with management on highly visible, complex projects. This includes developing, monitoring, and reporting on all project/program tasks and deliverables; actively managing the resource plan; and tightly managing the project budget, approved funding, forecasts and actuals.
- Remove barriers to enable project team to complete objectives no matter how difficult. Drive and influence decisions while also assessing risk and impact. Effectively negotiate priorities and solutions.
- 8+ years of project management and/or program management experience.
- 2+ years of Agile delivery experience
- 1+ years’ experience with working with an international dynamic workforce.
- 1+ years’ experience managing vendor delivery and vendor relationships.
- Required to work from the Springfield office on a hybrid (3 days a week) schedule.
- 10+ years of project management experience
- 5+ years of Agile delivery experience
- Strong financial management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Significant technical or insurance product background, background with billing & collections is a plus
- Bachelors’ degree and/or PMP Certification
- Experience with Billing & Collections for multiple lines of business
- Comfortable working in ambiguity, capable of establishing and growing functions and teams from the ground up
- An action-oriented, driven, entrepreneurial mindset
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.