Business ConsultantSpringfield, Massachusetts Business Analysis Job ID R14491
The Business Systems Analyst position within the Sales Illustrations team is crucial to ensuring our calculations are correct and regulatory requirements are satisfied. The Business Systems Analyst will document expected results, test, analyze results, and document any deviations with cause when possible. The Business Systems Analyst works closely with Actuaries, Developers and other areas within Business and IT to devise or solve complex problems considering business and/or system limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
As a business systems analyst, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic work group, and be responsible for eliciting business requirements, performing gap analyses, for business capabilities, understanding of technical dependencies, testing and helping to envision creative solutions to both business and technical challenges. Our ideal candidate is detail oriented with a Mathematics background and business knowledge of our MM Life, Annuity, and Disability Income Products. Responsibilities in this role will include:
- Formulate and define business and/or systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable industry requirements. This includes the ability to facilitate, and document business system requirements.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering business and/or system limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Provide analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper business and/or system requirements.
- Guide and advise less-experienced Business Analysts.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of business and/or systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Understand business and technology needs and formulate technical requirements for development team.
- Assure actuarial and mathematical correctness and regulatory requirements are met for verbiage and front end of the Company’s sales illustration systems
- Learn the basic concepts and calculations used in the various illustration systems
- Identify and provide assistance with problem resolution working with systems analysts and business analysts
- Participate in meetings with vendors on new functionality
- Consults with business partners and IT teams to resolve production issues.
- Participate in test planning, development and execution for integration and application testing.
- Understand technical dependencies, and help to envision creative solutions to both business and technical challenges
- Negotiate and influence business system requirements direction
- Lead/consult on escalated support issues and root cause analysis
- Assist other team members (Business, and Technology) with understanding the business system requirements
- Ability to operates independently on multiple project tasks and deliver in a fast paced environment for complex projects.
- Participate in all phases of project planning, development, and testing
- Demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations.
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a business systems analysis role
- 2+ years of experience as a technical liaison between business partners, industry vendors, and distribution partners
- 2+ years of Agile project delivery experience
The Ideal Qualifications
- Ability to brainstorm and research/resolve issues creatively to meet the project objectives and long-term strategy
- Strong mathematical/analytical background (math degree a plus)
- Experience with tools like Beyond Compare, Excel, and WinZip
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and can work on multiple different assignments at once
- Ability to own and drive business analysis of a project and can lead business analysis across multiple parallel initiatives
- Experience soliciting anddrafting business requirements, and can perform requirements management planning for large scale projects
- Previous experience with working with Product, Distribution, and Policy Administration Systems and Operational support team
- Provide project support on an as needed basis to help set direction based on customer/agent experience as well as internal system capabilities
- Ability to consult internally to help initiatives set direction regarding future capabilities
- Ability to represent as a leader in both a business and technology capacity
- Testing skills
- Highly organized, collaborative individual
#LI-SC1MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.